Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
You may think you are not a Calvinist but if you read his doctrine you will find that you believe almost exactly what he believed. How do you explain that?Originally posted by michelle:
--------------------------------------------------
Oh I am sure. What I find frightening with you and a lot of calvinists is how they think they are so much better - luckier - than everybody else. God elected you, so everybody else is in the wrong and will fry in hell. Blimey, you are closer to the Catholics than I thought after all. They are so sure of themselves too.
--------------------------------------------------
I have already explained to you that I am in no way a calvinist. I am saved, and born again of the Spirit of God. I and all who are saved, and born again of the Spirit of God are ASSURED of their salvation and are written in the Lambs book of life.
love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
What conclusion should I draw from your fruit as manifested by your critical, judgemental spirit?Originally posted by michelle:
WE are talking about the fruits of a saved person, and not about personal sins, which you are now trying to twist it into. This is very typical of you to do, when you try your very best to avoid the OBVIOUS TRUTH.
love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
It's all rhetorics. I believe that Christ saves me day after day. Today I am saved. When tomorrow comes, i will also be able to say " I am saved". I see no reason why I should not ask myself, every morning, if I believe in Christ. Of course I believe. I only reaffirm it to the Lord every day. I see nothing wrong with that and it reinforces my faith, as every day comforts me in the belief that Christ is God and that God is almighty powerful.Originally posted by cindig:
Michelle,
Why would you say anyone wants to label you? I didn't even say I was Southern Baptist, and I didn't ask you what you were.
Corinne,
It looks as though you are back pedeling. By your posts it seems like you are beginning to change, maybe a little. In one post you say "hopefully when you wake up a christian you go to bed one". Then you say that you don't think a person can be saved over and over. Can't have it both ways.
<{{{><
Well, the Holy Spirit within me tells me every day that Christ loves me, and I only talk back. Where do you have a problem with that?Originally posted by michelle:
---------------------------------------------------
No you are not reading right. To pledge your life to Christ every day does not mean that you plan on denying him the next day. It is only a faith reinforcement exercise. It helps you remain focuses, it confirms to you that the choice you made is the correct one for you, the best decision you could have taken in your life. It does not affect the strength of your faith, it is a mental exercise and a sure way of not forgetting to praise the Lord and pray.
--------------------------------------------------
This is unbiblical. It is Christ who is in us, that confirms to us, and gives us the strength of our faith, and who also increases our faith. It has nothing to do with a "mental excercise" and "faith reinforcement excercise" which sounds very new age to me and terms and ideas that are not at all indicated anywhere in the scriptures. You are attributing the power of the Holy Spirit in the believers life, to your own self. I would call this blasphemy. This is very unbiblical.
Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
Oh, is the Pope not going to be saved then?Originally posted by michelle:
--------------------------------------------------
There is a book out that I plan on getting, it's "George Bush's Faith". Maybe someone should tell the author it's a false book, Michelle says he's not saved.
--------------------------------------------------
Instead of focusing upon only what Bush says he believes, maybe you should focus upon his actions and apply scriptural truths to them. As I asked you before, do you know anything about Skull and Bones Society? Do you know anything about the Bohemian Grove and what takes place there? Do you apply scriptural truths to his actions and compare them to what he "says" he believes? Billy Graham is no better. Do you apply scriptural truths to this man's actions and his words? How could anyone who loves the Lord and his brothers and sisters in Christ, and the soul of others, EVER SEND THESE pour souls to the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH? How could he YOLK HIMSELF with unbelievers, and those who preach a false gospel and a false doctrine? This is an impossibility for a born again christian who is indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God. These two men are and have duped you.
love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
I knew it she is diety---NOT! Seems to me I have finally figured out Michelle, we have had it wrong for so long. It is not the KJV that is her final authority, it is not the Holy Spirit, It is not the Son, It is not even the Father. It is Michelle, she is her own final authority in all things. She cannot be deceived because she has attained godhood, sounds a little mormonistic.I judge all by the scriptural truths, so that I am not decieved and can help others not be decieved
Better believe it. Amazing that we Christians are supposed to be a family in Christ, loving each other, confident that we are all going to go and meet our Father in Heaven one day. Instead of that, what you see here is Christians wanting to impose beliefs other than the common belief that we share (that Christ is God) on each other, Christians attacking each other and slandering each other (to call the Pope a satanist is a bit far-fetched).Originally posted by cindig:
Apparently there is more difference in the Baptist name than I realized. Different Baptist religions are only alike in name. I knew this to be true, but not to this extent.
<{{{><
Michelle said in an earlier post that she does not mix with homosexuals or unbelievers. She therefore could not open her arms to them, she'd have to be too close for comfort. Hug a sinner? Hughh....(pun not intended)Originally posted by cindig:
Michelle,
What do you mean when you say "Billy Graham should know better, if he was truly saved"?
I guess if you were in his position, you would slam everyone and tell them what they are doing is wrong. That's a really good way to witness, tell them they are all wrong and going to hell. How about loving people to Christ? It doesn't mean we condone it. What if a homosexual came into your church, are you going to throw the Bible at them and tell them they are going to hell? What about opening your arms to them, loving them, and letting the Spirit deal with them? Of course you don't tell them the life they are living is ok, but you don't start hammering people, talk about making them run the other way.
I knew it she is diety---NOT! Seems to me I have finally figured out Michelle, we have had it wrong for so long. It is not the KJV that is her final authority, it is not the Holy Spirit, It is not the Son, It is not even the Father. It is Michelle, she is her own final authority in all things. She cannot be deceived because she has attained godhood, sounds a little mormonistic.Originally posted by Bro Tony:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I judge all by the scriptural truths, so that I am not decieved and can help others not be decieved
Jesus says it can happen, it is only my personal opinion that if a believer were to stray and deny Christ, then realise his error and return to Christ, it is unlikely that he will keep straying and returning on a regular basis.Originally posted by cindig:
Corrine,
Your post at 2:29p.m.is very troubling. Have you ever heard of spin? You talk in circles. Where does it say in the Bible that we can do it once, but not twice? I have been told the people that believe you can loose your salvation will eventually start grasping for straws. I think you are doing that.
<{{{><
Actually it is both. I believe in two-way relationships and I have one with Christ, thank you very much. The Holy Spirit talks to me and I talk back. You should be happy for me. Instead, you sound jealous.Originally posted by michelle:
--------------------------------------------------
Well, the Holy Spirit within me tells me every day that Christ loves me, and I only talk back. Where do you have a problem with that?
--------------------------------------------------
No, I don't see this as being unbiblical. What you stated however, in your last post, is unbiblical. You do not keep yourself in Christ. It is Jesus Christ himself who keeps you.
love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
Looking forward to seeing you there, Cindig.Originally posted by cindig:
Corinne,
You are absolutley right, why then are you on this board? You have to know that almost all Baptist believe in Eternal Security. The largest evangelical denomination in America is Southern Baptist.
Once we are in heaven none of this will matter. For myself, it is something I lived with for 23 years, I know all of the differing views. I will be married for 30 years next year, and I am happy to say that my husband now believes in Eternal Security. I was always brought up to believe that once a person was saved, they were sealed, secure, righteous in God's sight. I never really knew why, just that, that was the way I was brought up. But now I understand fully, and it makes so much sense. Like Charles Stanley, who was brought up Pentecostal said, "It is so liberating to know that my future is secure".
Gotta go to Cape shopping!
I know that I will see you in heaven Corinne.
<{{{><