1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Common Ground Coffee House #112

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

* CORRECTION * My new Grandson's name is Caydon Parker. Papa was a bit too excited to listen and remember at the same time. Imagine that.

Mommy called this morning and doesn't like what the hospital is serving for dinner, so she asked her Nurse if she could have her dinner brought in instead and the Nurse checked and it was okay. Mommy has a craviing for Shepherd's Pie, Vegetable Cheese Soup, and Chocolate Cake. I know about craviings during pregnancy, but after? Oh well, it's not like she's asking for the moon. I have recipes for a Shepherd's Pie with a Cream Cheese & Cheddar Potato topping, the Vegetable-Cheese Soup, and Double-Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake.

As long as I have to cook for her I might as well bring in breakfast: Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Brown Potatoes, and Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Enjoy.

Hey Cuz! My Brother had to go to Tampa for his surgery because the surgeons at U of M hospital in Ann Arbor haven't perfected the technique for this type of surgery yet. Their idea of Para-Thyroid surgery is to cut out everything and leave you with a huge smiley-face scar on your neck and on thyroid meds the rest of your life. Frankly, I've seen Autopsy Surgeons with better techniques than than U of M's. The surgeon my Brother went to in Florida only does this type of surgery, and surgeons from across the US are sent to him for training in his less invasive type of surgery. My brother only had the Para-Thyroid glands on the right side of his neck removed, not the whole flamin' thing like U of M wanted to do.

FORBES magazine has announced a new cottage industry that they feel is sure to become a Fortune 500 company in short time. It seems there is this seamstress in Alabama who has come up with the idea of serving milk shakes to her customers. The customers leave the shop feeling full and satisfied with the seamstress's work, after having their wallets and purses put on a diet by the seamstress. How about Shake 'n Sew for the shop name? :laugh:

Since I'm now a poor imitation for a short-order cook I guess I better go shopping for some supplies for the take-out order for tonight.

#201 Friend of God, May 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2008
  2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations Grandpa Rob! May the good Lord raise up little Caydon Parker to be a champion of faith for Him. :thumbs:

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Well welcome to Monday, ya'll!

It started for me at 2:30 this morning when my back, that I pulled out while in Mobile and thought was better, woke me up to say, "I told you not to stand up for 3 hours at the fundraiser Saturday and you knew better than walk the cemetary looking at all the decoration flowers yesterday, so now you get to pay for your weekend by spending the rest of the night in pain and awake!"

See, since all I really did to hurt my back in the first place was turn around and reach for a door latch, I've had a running arguement with it that it really isn't as bad off as it claims to be. I have to much to do for my back to out and if I gain another 20 pounds I'll have to go buy all new clothes again and I haven't replaced everything from the last 20! Right this minute though, my back is winning the fight despite a muscle relaxer and three advil every four-six hours like the doc always tells me to do.

I'm waiting now to make an appointment with my doc for tomorrow. I'd go today, but my doc isn't in on Mondays and I'd have to see a different one. Since I seem to be losing the drug-free war against Arthuritis, I reckon I need to let my own doc decide where to go to from here. The idea of everyday medication isn't making me happy! :mad:

So how's Monday for everyone else?

4. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Sorry to hear about your back Cuz, but not as sorry as you are to hear from your back. I was wondering if you'd been involved in the storms that hit Georgia and other Southern states.

Hoping everybody had a wonderful Mother's Day. My Wife reqested Steaks barbequed on the grill, Potatoes, Salad, and Cherry-Upside Down Cake for dessert, so after dinner she opened her gifts and everybody had a great time.

Momma and Caydon are home. Evidently he has a healthy appetite too [I guess he could have got that from his Papa.]

Not too much going on up here in God's Country. Got down to 44 last night and is supposed to warm up to 64 today.

No doubt about it my Cuz's back must be killin' her, she never said a word about breakfast this morning, and I know she's not fixing it the way she feels right now. How 'bout Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, and Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Enjoy.

Have to go grocery shopping and make a Pharmacy run, other than that it's gonna be a quiet day.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

MK - I'm sorry your back is in so much pain. I pray that you can find healing soon!

Rob - Congrats on the new baby going home. :) I love new babies! They're just so sweet. I will always cherish those memories of bringing my own babies home.

Well, it's a rainy, icky day here today. But I was telling DH that it's nice to have 50 knot winds when you're in a house as opposed to the boat. Atleast I don't have to watch for other houses floating into our house! So I'm just doing some straightening up and homeschooling today. I'm not going to do laundry because there's a good chance we'll lose power and I don't want clothes sitting in the washer or dryer all wet waiting for it to come back on.

Later today after the girls get home, I'll take care of the horses then stop at the market to pick up stuff to make roast been sandwiches on garlic bread topped with mozzarella cheese. We LOVE that stuff and have a big roast beef leftover from Friday so we need to finish it up. I'll then go back later after dinner for bigger shopping because I want to try to pick up the minimum of what we need this week - we went through more money than I thought recently. So we'll work out of our pantry this week. I have had the groceries delivered but I try to get that bill up to $100 so that the delivery is only $5 as opposed to $9.

So not only was yesterday Mother's Day but it was my birthday! I'm now a ripe old 43 - LOL We had a nice day with my ILs coming after church then the rest of the day was relaxing and then Chinese for dinner. :) I love the days I don't have to do anything! ;)

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all,

Monday is not going well for me either!

We had 50mph winds yesterday and a tree in the back yard split, taking out the power line, telephone and internet lines with it.

I have the Internet and phone back as of a few minutes ago and am waiting for a tree service to show up and tell me how much it's going to cost to get the big thing taken down, cut up and hauled away. :(

Please be in prayer for me around 11:00 in the morning. I have an appt. with the oral surgeon to get all of my teeth pulled. They don't know if they can put me to sleep or not since I have COPD and I am absolutely PETRIFIED of dentists. I haven't been to one in over 40 years.

Anyway, after having an infection at the root of one of my teeth and having a toothache for well over a week, the teeth are coming out one way or another. I may be kicking and screaming and trying to kill the dentist...but they're comin' out!

Don't forget to pray!
    §ue

7. I Am Blessed 24

I hope someone checks in here and prays for me this morning. I'm getting nervous...

Please pray for Dale also. The Dr. called late yesterday and Dale is scheduled for a CAT scan of his chest this afternoon. Dr. is trying to find out why one of his lungs is half filled with fluid. He has been in pain and on antibiotics for a week now. He says it feels like he has a cracked rib, but he doesn't.

Will let you know if I survived!
    §ue

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Awww - Sue. I'm praying that all goes well for you today and I certainly will pray for Dale.

Not much going on here today. It's sunny and finally warming up from the 50 degree, rainy, windy day we had yesterday. Just doing laundry, homeschooling and some housework today.

God bless!

9. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for both Sue and Dale today ...

#209 PJ, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  10. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Hi:wavey: :wavey:

Gotta get ready for Church. See y'all later!

:wavey:

11. I Am Blessed 24

I survived and I know I survived because I am in so much pain! I am so swollen and bruised...both inside and out.

I've never had this problem with teeth being pulled before. I was under light sedation and a local so I was fully awake the whole time, but didn't feel any pain. Boy, I'm feeling it now.

Gonna take a pain pill and head back to bed.

12. menageriekeeper

Sue, I sure hope you get to feeling better soon! How's Dale doing?

Good Morning Everyone!

Cuz, you got that new grandson spoiled yet? :laugh:

I'm hanging on to my back ache. Can't figure out why, but I still have it and it's keeping me from doing karate, which means I won't get to test this time (for the third testing in a row!) and I'm a bit aggravated about it. Not aggravated enough to go to the doc's mind you, but aggravated none the less.

Tonight I plan on ignoring my back for a while and I'm headed over to B'ham for T's 20th year of service banquet. I have a new outfit (complete with shoes!) even. It's been a while since I bought anything really dressy to wear and I pretty much enjoyed the experience. Now, if I can just find the purse I know is here somewhere, I'll be set.

Ya'll have a good day!

13. I Am Blessed 24

Dale is still sore and coughing. We still don't have the results from his CAT scan.

We are anxiously awaiting the birth of our great granddaughter! She is due any day now.

Have a good time tonight, Cindi!

#213 I Am Blessed 24, May 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2008
  14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Good morning everyone! Slow day here because I woke up feeling like the bed was spinning. I have no clue what it is but I'm dizzy and a bit weak so I'm going to lay low today. Need to do some laundry and homeschool but that's all I'll do. Dinner is done - it's a nice big dinner salad with greens, craisins, mandarin oranges, glazed walnuts, blue cheese and chicken. I cooked up the chicken last night so I'm all set with that. I'll put in some rolls and I'm thinking of also making some soup to go with it.

Tonight we'll be going to see Expelled. Our pastors saw it, were ready to recommend it to everyone but it left the theater two days later. So we went ahead and bought 2 theaters (650 tickets) so that they'd bring it back. We sold all but 5 tickets at this point. :) I'm looking forward to seeing it.

15. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Afternoon Everybody,

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile, too many things going on.

Sue and Dale are definitely in my prayers. My Niece recently went through having her teeth removed so I know exactly what you're talking about.

Sorry to hear about your back Cuz. I've had a bad back for about 20 years and there is no more aggravating pain than back pain. I think you'll find that a sure fix for back pain is to go shopping [usually clothes shopping], the only hard part is getting your doc to write a prescription for it, and then to get you health care carrier to cover it.

FYI I do not spoil my Grandchildren. They know that I only ask them to do something twice...then I buy or make them something. :laugh: Seriously I don't spoil them...I just buy them what they [say] they need.

Sorry to hear about your balance problems Ann. I know what that's like, whenever I get a head cold it goes right to my right ear and I lose all my balance, then I'm stumbling around like a drunk on a bender.

If you would be in prayer for Brenda and I we would appreciate it. We're praying about making a church change. We love the church we're in and everything about it, but; it's a 47 mile round trip and with gas at $4.00/gal it's killing us financially. We're toying with the idea of just going 2x/month instead but we just don't know. Why can't decisions ever be easy?

Caydon is growing like a weed. His Mother says that all he wants to do is eat. That's okay, better than not eating.

Not much else going on here for a change.

16. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Has Jim1999 posted recently? I haven't seen him around in ages - but things have been a bit chaotic here in this household.

Blessings

following-Him

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Morning! This is a hit and run post - coffee is done and that's all I have time for today. Time to get to work! I have a dermatologist's appointment today and it's looking like I have to take my son who's hacking up a lung to the doctor too so I don't have a lot of time to actually get work done!

Have a great day!! :wavey:

18. menageriekeeper

Good Morning Everyone!

And we are having a pretty good morning for a change. :)

Chris is studying for and taking his final tests. He is hoping to be finished with his regular cirriculum today. He's a bit early finishing but we have a few other things to do that will fill the time we have left and I have a bunch of stuff I want him to do this summer.

Last night's banquet was quite nice and we had a good time. Wearing heels the entire evening didn't help my back any. :rolleyes: But, I came home to a nearly clean house! My son (yes son!) got busy while we were gone and did all the stuff that has been neglected this week because of my back.

Yes, he wants something. :D He's been saving for months now for a new PSP after his last one had an accident causing the switch to break. He almost has enough saved to buy it and since the government stimulated my bank account he has earned himself the rest of what he needs. LOL! He even had handwashed my iron skillets!

Since the house is clean and that is what I had planned to do today, back or no back, I'm going to straighten up my bedroom and do the sheets. Then I'm gonna sew until my back tells me I have to quit.

Ya'll enjoy your Friday!

19. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning Everybody,

Just got back from my Gson's baseball game. They're all still learning the game, and it's fun to see the whole outfield go out for a fly ball.

It was Jack's [my Gson] turn to bring the treat so I made Banana Split Snack Bars and brought fruit drinks for the team and coaches.

Saw Caydon last night and he is growing like a weed.

I brought in an early lunch. Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Crockpot "Baked" Beans, and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches. Enjoy.

Have to get the camper ready for camping over Memorial Day. That should easily fill up the rest of the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.