1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Discussion.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 37818, Sep 18, 2024 at 1:30 PM.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Christforums,

G-d's Name goes to Who and What G-d Himself Is.

Now the issue of His intelligent design resulting in His creation. Being a finite and temporal act on His part. G-d being Infinite and Eternal in that Whom He Is. That is, Him being His Name.

Jesus taught, Mark 12:29-30.

2. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Jewish
    I agree, His characteristics and attributes (who) are in summation, Holy, holy, holy. And all-powerful, and is why I refer to Hashem the name not alone in devotion but in fear of sin in the name of the Almighty, Sovereign of All, or Adonai properly Hashem.

I heard arguments before the L-RD could both be infinite and finite. Now I remember, the Apologetic question, "can G-d create a rock He cannot move"? Some used the finite Jesus in human form to prove the simultaneous infinite and finite. Likewise, a lot of oppositional riddles or attacks are alleviated by using hypostatic arguments the nature of man Jesus possessed to counter them. Can G-d transition from a state of unconsciousness to conscious or vice versa? These kinds of trivia questions were used by advocates of New Ageism.

Ever consider Deuteronomy 6, "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." the word love in Hebrew refers to sexual or otherwise. The L-rd is Spirit, so must be otherwise and in the context of such in holiness (matrimony) or in the context of the Most Holy (other). I mention Spirit because as you'll learn from Rabbi Katz all material analogies fail to properly describe G-d. Trinitarians point out the same concerning the Trinity pertaining to such example or analogies as the Trinity is like the three states of water. Trinitarianism usually denies or answers opposing arguments of what not G-d is like.

Shalom

#22 Christforums, Sep 20, 2024 at 5:49 PM
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2024 at 5:55 PM
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. You addressed a number of issues.
    First, the L-RD G-d, is not parts.

And yes, I am a trinitarian.

Jesus cited Deuteronomy 6:4-5 in Mark 12:29-30.

Jesus argued in John 4:24, God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The Apostle Paul argued in 1 Timothy 2:5-6, For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, . . .

Jesus also is quoted in John 14:6, Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Now the water analogy, water can be in three different states all at the same time. Has it's issues. It is not the best to show G-d being the L-RD G-d being One without parts and being Persons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Jewish
    Just for FYI, I do not reject the Trinity. Trinity and Trinitarianism are distinctive. Because, I may refrain from comment please do not comprehend such as rejection. Theology and religion too are distinctive concerning the study of G-d or the study of and from man. These days I prefer an attempt to comprehend the scriptures as intended authorship understood in historical context w/ respect to both their theology and religion.

Shalom

5. Christforums

Christforums Member

Faith:
    Jewish
    I split this reference for another comment. Consider the priesthood of Aaron the high priest and the baptism of John. If John was baptizing Jesus from the perspective of his relations to the high priest some consider his baptism a shift from Aaron to Melchizedek. If this was the case, consequentially, the priesthood and high priest (mediator) was no more, and neither was the collection of tithes from Aaron for the Levites. However, Barnabas appears on the scene from the Levites in Acts, where and when he mysteriously cashes in a lot and casts the money before the feet of the heads of the church. If, the priesthood of Aaron and the Levites are no more then neither are tithes.

About the subject of G-d, yes, there are no others. Interestingly in Hebrew plurality does not necessarily convey quantity but rather quality. In Genesis 1:1 Hashem is plural, but consider what was written about quality rather than the English use understanding of plurality.

Shalom

#25 Christforums, Sep 20, 2024 at 8:07 PM
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2024 at 9:21 PM