SaggyWoman
Active Member
Your answer?
Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
To be accurate, overall and collectively, "the Lottery" 'plays' ill-informed, gullible individuals, by 'paying' a rough average of $1 for every $2 put into it, at all levels.SaggyWoman said:Your answer?
givengrace said:I don't know about all State Lottery's but here in Ga. That is what pay's for State funded Pre K and there are Hope Scholarships.
How do you think Christians should feel about using these. Or other Lottery funded items?
Sorry if this needs to move feel free.
annsni said:The problem is that I've seen a vast majority of those partaking in the lottery are the ones who least can afford it. So while they might be benefitting, they are also paying into it.
We do not play the lottery. In our view, it's gambling and wrong.
givengrace said:I don't do the Lottery myself. And I agree with you. Dave Ramesy say's the Lotery is Poor people putting the Middle classes kids thru collage.
KenH said:I don't mind contributing a dollar a week to higher education./QUOTE]
Ken,
Not meaning to pick a fight at all, but why not just give your $ directly to the school? Why does it take a lottery to do that?
SBCPreacher said:Not meaning to pick a fight at all, but why not just give your $ directly to the school? Why does it take a lottery to do that?