Amazing, I go away for a while, come back and the KJVO debate continues. And, amazingly a lot of the same people are still standing firm. This is a never ending subject--although somewhat interesting to watch.
Nobody has been able to provide verse and passage to indicate the KJV is inspired.
Nobody has been able to tell us which KJV is the inspired version, although many call themselves "KJV 1611" followers, and then read the later versions.
Nobody can explain why English speaking people would be blessed to the point of receiving the only "inspired" version of today.
Nobody can explain what English speaking people used for the time before 1611 (actually before about 1879).
I've been around here for I guess a couple of years or so and these answers still have not been satisfactorily answered.
Interestingly, I listened to a missionary who has won thousands (yes thousands) in Africa to the Lord. They use the NKJV so that they can understand it. They learn English, but they cannot grasp the KJV. He says the NKJV is necessary for their understanding. Are the KJV only crowd saying these Africans are not saved? I certainly hope not.
I still predict that after this generation passes, the NKJV will be the next version of the King James Version line. Maybe with a few minor corrections. Then people will be saying it is a direct descendent of the 1611 (as they do the 1879). They will fight, because it is the only "inspired" English version.
I have actually seen many of the KJVO crowd accept the NKJV without question. The NKJV is a decent translation, no doubt about it, I am just making a prediction here.
It would be interesting to know the history of the 1879 and other versions called the KJV. Did the people accept them when they were printed? I am not a historian, but I would like to hear from one. I am willing to guess that many people rejected the "new versions" until at least a generation passed and they "grew up with it".