1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God have a Mother?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"This is an affirmation of the deity of Jesus, not an elevation of Mary."------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean the voice from heaven and the resurrection just was not enough affirmation?
    Sure it is! If it were simply and affirmation, it would have come from real churchmen and not from pagan mother goddess worshipers and nascent catholic henchmen.

"Being a mother does not mean I created the child" -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just because you agree to limit the word mother, does not mean everyone agrees. So why try to push a term that depends on an agreement you can't obtain???

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marcia, would you interpret Heb 7:3 ?
    Doesn't it say :

"Melchizedek is without mother, as Son of God is without mother, and therefore in that aspect both are similar each other" ?

Bible itself denies the concept of Mother of Son of God, right?

3. natters

natters New Member

I am only answering this because I don't think I answered it directly yet. I am not about to jump back into a full discussion.

He is Son (descendant) because Scripture says so. Also, because if he was not David's descendant, he could not be an heir to David's throne, thus a false king, thus a false Messiah. Note that Jesus did NOT say he WASN'T David's descendant in this passage, he simply asked a question that was to point out to the Pharisees that the descendant of David was also the Lord of David. Even the Pharisees recognized that the "Christ" had to be a descendant of David, but they were not ready to accept that whoever "Christ" was, was also David's "Lord". The Pharisees could not answer him, not because Christ is not a descendant of David, but rather the opposite (that the descendant Christ was also the "Lord" of David) - which they were not willing to accept. Jesus question in this passage, if answered (which they refused to do), proves both Christ's descendancy from David as well as his Lordship over him.

Marcia, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. natters

natters New Member

That's exactly what Eliyahu is saying. In the last few pages he referred to the Word wearing flesh like clothing, and that the flesh was not divine, just a covering of the divine.

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe that flesh is God? then do you worship flesh?

6. natters

natters New Member

Eliyahu, if you don't know the answer to that by now, after 15 pages of explanation, what point is there in continuing?

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you worship flesh as God, then You are cannibal ! (from canna-baal)

8. natters

natters New Member

9. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe so! What do you think the problem with it?

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Melchizedek is in the OT, before the incarnation of Christ. Yes, Christ who is eternal does not need a mother to exist. But Mary was his mother when he incarnated; she did not cause his existence.

I think you are expressing confusion about what the incarnation and nature of Christ is.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I believe so! What do you think the problem with it? </font>[/QUOTE]This is a heresy called Monophysitism:
    "Monophysitism denies Jesus' human nature, saying that he had only one nature, the divine nature."

If Jesus was merely a divine being covered with flesh, then he was not fully human, and you are denying his humanity, which contradicts the teaching of the NT.

13. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mt 22:45:

It doesn't say anything specifically, but it could mean much more complicated relationship between the Pre-incarnate spirit and the descendancy from David-Abraham. He met Abraham already. I explained you that Abraham met Son of God and provided the milk, butter, veal meat, and He ate them. That's why Jesus said Abraham was pleased to see his days in Jn 8:56-59.
    In the appearance Christ looks like descendant of David, but David called Him Lord, which was pointed out by Jesus. In that passage, what Jesus mentioned is the existence at the time of David and Lordship over David, then a question about the contradictory descendancy from David to Jesus.

14. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

15. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marcia, You never answered my question about how you interpret Heb 7:3, which denies that Son of God has Mother!

16. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marcia, if you read thru my posting, you can find that I am not opposing to Mother of Mary, but disagree to Mother of God, because Bible disapprove it! as you can see in Heb 7:3.
    I hope you believe Holy Spirit has no Mother, and God the Father has no Mother, then Heb 7:3 says even Son of God has no Mother!
    This is why I oppose to Mary as Mother of God!

Now you describe, Jesus is a mere repeat mere Spirit with flesh enfleshed!
    Is the Holy Spirit or Spirit of Christ a mere thing to you ?

17. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to ask you guys, whether you have the spirit of Christ in you? if so, since when?

If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his (Rome 8:9)

18. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange Accusation by skip-off logic!
    If Jesus was merely a divine being covered with flesh, then he was not fully human, and you are denying his humanity, which contradicts the teaching of the NT.
    Please don't say merely at random.
    I never deny that Jesus is 100% divine and 100% human, if you read thru my previous posting you can confirm it.

Your way of accusation is very much similar to Inquisitors when they conducted Witch-hunting!

Read Hebrews 10:5 a body has thou prepared me.
    Then said I, Lo, I come to do thy will.(verse 7)
    In other words, even before any body was given, He was thinking and saying, before He wore the human flesh!

19. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, I did answer it. It's posted above somewhere.

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, I realize Jesus existed before he incarnated. But incarnating does not mean that Jesus just put on flesh; it means he became human. Jesus the 2nd Person of the Trinity became man; he added a human nature. That is more than just appearing in flesh - it means he added a human nature.