1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Faith is the result of Election !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, Feb 1, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF you have such a problem with context.
    Joh 6:36 "But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.

The qualifying factor of Joh_6:37 is found in Joh_6:36, namely, belief. Those that believe are those that are given to the Son.

2. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your starting to sound like a calvinist. You read into the text want you want to find.

#82 Silverhair, Feb 5, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  3. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man has no being when chosen by God, and when he first has being hes a spiritually dead sinner. Election is unconditional

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF do you believe God is sovereign or not? That is not a hard question but you sure have a hard time answering it. You have danced around this question several times now. Why is that?

All it takes is a
    YES. God is sovereign
    or
    NO. God is not sovereign

If you can not answer with a YES then I will have to conclude that you do not believe that He is sovereign else you would have no problem answering in the positive.

I can say without a doubt that God is sovereign. Can you?

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are addressing me and my supposed faults, rather than scripture. Very Calvinistic.

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why dont you start a thread on Gods Sovereignty ?

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The corporately chosen to be redeemed when God chose Logos as His redeemer, did not then exist, thus had no being.
    Yes, when first conceived, all humanity is in a sinful state, separated from God, thus spiritually dead.
    Individual Election is based on "faith in the truth" thus individual election is conditional. 2 Thessalonians 2:13.
    The condition of the corporate election before time was as the target group of God's plan to redeem believers.

8. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been dealing with scripture you are the one that has made faith righteous. Faith is a concept Van, and idea if you will. You can not get a bucket of faith and distribute it. Faith is faith, no faith is no faith. God accounts the person as righteous because of their faith. That should not be a hard concept for you to grasp but you keep deflecting in trying to make a concept a thing, eg "righteous faith"

9. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    So since you will not answer the question and say that God is sovereign I have to conclude that you do not believe that He is.

So what do you base your salvation on BF? It can not be God as you do not think He is actually sovereign so something or someone else must be sovereign. Who or what would that be BF?

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, it is God alone who credits faith as righteousness, for you to charge me with that action is ludicrous.
    Your claim, unstated but implied, that faith cannot be professed but invalid is nonsense. Judas professed faith when he preached.
    God does not "account" (or declare or credit) a person as righteous, He makes them righteous by the washing of regeneration once transferred spiritually into Christ. Righteous faith (determined by God) is a concept you refuse to grasp.

Righteous faith as determined by God serves as the basis of election for salvation as "faith in the truth."

11. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    What other conclusion am I to draw from what you have posted Van.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please stop with the off topic discussion of my supposed faults, and try to address the purpose of God crediting the faith of some professing faith.

13. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I know that God alone credits the person as righteous because of their faith. No faith no righteousness.

Do you want to rewrite this one so it makes sense "Your claim, unstated but implied, that faith cannot be professed but invalid is nonsense."

Do you know that Judas did not believe when he preached, that is what you are claiming so you must have scripture for that. What we know is that Judas did fall away as a follower of Christ and rejected Him.

We have no righteousness of our own. God credits/accounts us as righteous only because we are in Christ
    Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
    Rom 3:22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe.

I realize that you want to make a concept {faith} into an actual tangible thing but it will not work Van.

Biblically, faith is a belief and trust in the trustworthiness of God in that He will do what He has said He will do.

As we see biblical faith is a concept/idea.
    Hebrews 11:1 – “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.”

14. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been addressing the topic which requires that I point out the errors of your view.

15. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    lol corporate is a group of individuals.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I know that God alone credits the person as righteous because of their faith. No faith no righteousness.

Lets just stop right there!!! Did I say that? Nope. What did I say?

God does not "account" (or declare or credit) a person as righteous, He makes them righteous by the washing of regeneration once transferred spiritually into Christ.

So the poster posts the exact opposite of what I said. What a waste!!

17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A corporate election is a group of common traits, not individual, i.e. believers chosen based on God crediting their faith as righteousness.

18. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont care what you think about me. But Faith is the result of election

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Silverhair posted: Your starting to sound like a calvinist. You [Van] read into the text want you want to find.

20. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nupe ! Vice versa !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.