2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV = New International Version):
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
but
a spirit of power, of love and of
self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV1769 Edition with Strong's numbers):
For1063 God2316 hath not3756 given1325
us2254
the spirit4151
of fear;1167
but235 of power,1411 and2532 of love,26
and2532 of
a sound mind.4995
Strong's sez:
σωφρονισμός
sōphronismos
so-fron-is-mos'
From G4994; discipline, that is,
self control: - sound mind.
as usual, Strong's uses the KJV as the last
entry for it didn't fit in at all
I assume (logical assumption AKA: axiom):
God uses a multitude of versions in English to preserve
His Inerrant Holy Written Word. The Holy Spirit
uses multiple versions as
a way to increase one's uderstanding of the Bible and
to increase one's service to Christ (AKA: Messiah Jesus).
Using that we must figure out what it is that God is trying
to tell us. I have some self-discipline myself, and take
anti-depressants. I know some will use this verse to
damn me for taking anti-depressants because that
shows I don't have a SOUND MIND.
So yes, the meaning of this scripture is VERY IMPORTANT
to me for I am being damned because
of THEIR MISUNDERSTANDING
of the scripture. Yes, I take it personal:
Eternal Salvation is real Personal; Eternal Damnation
is real Personal; Jesus is real Personal.
I have a sound mind, it would be depressed if it weren't
for my meds. Praise God he has provided us with shrinks
who can help us live again. You know when you are
hungry (fast or poverty) all you think about is food
to the detriment of all other thought. All you think about
with depression (bad case, of course - light cases
aren't all the time as bad) is NOTHINGNESS: no humor, no
ability to make simple decisions (spending 30 minutes
about if to put a sock on the left foot or right foot, for
example), no desires, no ambition, no thing, nothing
at all. I have enough self-discipline to take my meds
everyday (

irregardless of what you might think
reading some of my posts - teehee ). These
anti-depressants help me to be the
grandfather/guardian (2 children)
I need to be; the Sunday
School teacher I need to be; the Head Usher I need to
be; the husband I need to be; the superior
poster on the BB /Baptist board/ I need to be,
the Oklahoma Citizen I need to be; etc.