1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

wow, wow what a win. What happened to Wade only 16 points! Wow. Pistons in 6.

Deeeetttrooooittttt Bassssskeeettttbaaaallll!

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

4His_glory, It is amusing to see how people veiw the game of basketball. I wonder sometimes if people are watching the same NBA that I am. Or maybe they are just tracking their team. Either way I am very amused at how some think gnobli, parker and Duncan will be able to man up to Detroits top 5. Do you think there is a hate there for detroit?

Well its time to start getting into the tigers. How do you think they will fair this year? I don't think they are going to win it all. I would like the m too but HONEST assesement tells me it is not likely.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

We all have good old days syndrome - teams of our youth could or would beat todays teams - but it would be an interesting matchup to see those old laker teams with Magic, Worthy and Jabbar against one of todays top teams.

Detroit is strong - I think a Detroit Spur matchup will be a great series. The Spurs do play great team bball, Duncan is a force and will present problems for big ben. Genobli off the bench is fantastic, and parker presents problems for anyone trying to guard him.

I do think detroit will beat Miami - and have thought that all playoffs. Detroit is vulnerable as they showed against a very inferior Indy team

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I think the Tigers will will hover around .500 the rest of the year, I just don't see them doing any better than that though I would love them too.

I have noticed that people generally do not like teams from MI. Even in the media, I have no idea why. The Red Wings dominated the NHL of several years and they had no respect. The Pisotns won the NBA Championship last year, and some people think it was a fluke. U of M has a great year and folks dish the Big Ten and call it a weak conferance. Oh well, thats the way it goes.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Jimmy C,

You are right we always have good ol days syndrom. It helps us remember the great teams of old. Whether they could beat any teams today will always remain a mystery.

The Spurs are incredible. If the Pistons some how loose to Miami I will be cheering for them all the way. The Spurs have been my favorite Western Conferance team since the Robbinson days.

A Detroit/SA matchup would be great. It could easily go seven games.

6. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

YOu got Genobli off the bench but, for Detroit you got Hamitlton, Taysun, Bhillips and Rasheed. Who is going to stopped all of them? PLus they are all good defenders. Duncan will not give Ben problems. Ben is a defensive player and not a offensive. He will work Duncan. Duncan is not as good or strong as Shaq and Ben does great with him. Neither is Genobli or parker the caliber player that Wade is. They are good but lets look at facts. Shaq and Wade put up more numbers all year then Duncan and Genobli.
    Detroit can throw bhillips, tayshun, Hunter, Rip at Genobli for defense and wear him out. Neither Parker of Genobli are going to be able to defend Rick or Bhillips. Then you got Rasheed who is starting to get the attention he deserves. He could dominate the game if he had too.

Its going to be fun. I am looking forward to it. Got to get past Maimi but it will happen. I am going to give game two to the Heat.

Going to watch the Spurs game tonight and see if I can see what JimmyC is talking about.

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The difference is Duncan will pull big ben out from under the basket, duncan can shoot from anywhere and big ben will have to respect that. As the Mavs are now gone - I have no real horse in this race, and no one respects what the bad boys do on D more than me. But - detroit does not shoot the ball well (comparitively), and the spurs are not a bad defensive team. The difference in the spurs and last years lakers - the lakers, like the heat are a two man team, the spurs are much deeper.

remember - rashWeed (as he is known by around these parts due to a few altercations with the gendarmes) is a head case - the spurs can work that to their advantage as they played against him for many years.

It will be a fun.

8. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

If that happens JimmyC then who is going to pull out Rasheed and Taysun or Mcdyss. Defensive rebounds will be the pistons. As far as shooting the ball well I am not sure where you are coming from. Maybe the run and gun of the west conference permits more shots but defense is more stressed in the east. I don't know how you get this far or are the champs if you don't shoot the ball well. Unless you think its great rebounding in which case the rebounding will still be there. If genobli and duncan can keep up with the Pistons and not get tired they have a chance. But the Pistons will wear you down on both ends of the courst. Rip and Taysun run their men to death. Chaunncy just matches up and shoots over his opponant.

I see alot of the commentaries seem to be picking the suns to win.

I will say that Magic and the other TNT anouncer where siding with a pistons win against the Heat. Saying the Heat had to do this or that if they hope to beat the pistons. That is the bottom line. They are the champs and you have to beat them. Not an easy accomplishment as proven.

Will be watching tonight JimmyC.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess we should shut down the NBA for the next ten years and just award the the next ten championships to Detroit by default based on what Tim "The Incredible Homer" toolman says. [​IMG]

Of course, as experience has taught us - the bigger they are(or are made out to be), the harder they fall. :D

San Antoooonnnniiioooo Baskeeeettttbaaaalllll!

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the Pistons are alright. What I am tired of is you talking smack on a Christian board.

11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Actually, the Pistons are alright. What I am tired of is you talking smack on a Christian board. </font>[/QUOTE]Oh please its all in fun. What have you been doing? Grow up, don't get you shorts in such a bunch!

13. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Or how about we just sit back and call this KenH's board. Let him rattle on and just call him right all the time. We have been here before Ken. How old are you? Or lets just keep discussing as it is a debate board.

shessh

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

JimmyC, good game. I don't think genobli and duncan are going to be able to do the give and go all night. Pistons will d that. They will have to get a better performance from the others I think.

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

We will see - Parker is so fast and has the ability to break down a D. Duncan was very ordinary last nightand yet San Antonio still managed to take two on Phoenix's home court.

Let see if the bad boys can dispose of Shaq so easily

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Shaq is not the factor that Detorit must worry about it is D. Wade. The Pistons will let Shaq do what ever he wants, they just take out everybody else and win the game. D. Wade seemed frustrated after game one, we will see if he can adjust tonight.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    50 come November 12. Why does that matter?

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fat chance. [​IMG]

19. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

50 come November 12. Why does that matter? </font>[/QUOTE]Just wondered because of the "street talk" or
    'punk" talk. Smack can have several meanings, most of which don't belong on a "christian board" either.

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Fat chance. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Which one Piston d or getting a better performance from the other spurs? ;)