1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if the Pistons don't win the title it will your comments, Timmy, that will be classified as outlandish, goofy nonsense. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

And if they win? [​IMG]

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I will congratulate you and the Pistons on this board. [​IMG]

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

...............picking meself up off the floor. If we loose I will send you a Rasheed jersery. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An interesting comparison of five things commmon to the Spurs and the Pistons -
    Story LINK

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

well boys, the Spurs are looking mighty good.

Ken, that article was good. I agree with him. I think the Spurs and the Pistons are the 2 best teams and I picked them in the finals back at the beginning of this talk.

I think the finals will be really good, but I see the Spurs in 6.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spurs held the best offense in the NBA to only 10 points in the second quarter. Wow! I love the way the Spurs play defense and can shut down even the best the league has to offer on the offensive side.

The Suns are proving the old adage that defense wins championships, or in their case, that the lack of defense prevents a team from winning championships.

I hope the Spurs finish off the Suns on Monday, and that the Pistons-Heat play an exhausting seven game series. If the Heat win tonight I think a seven game series is pretty much assured.

8. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Ken I agree with the article except that Pistons do have a go to guy. They have 4 of em as a matter of fact. If Chauncy, Taysun, Hamiliton, or Rasheed played on any other team they would be superstars. Instead they play great team ball.

Watched The spurs play and the first 6 or 7 mins of the game there was not one hand in the face of the shooter. Both teams just running back and forth shooting wide open shots and layups. Now after haveing said that I fell asleep till the 3rd where I saw the Spurs playing a little defense. They got me worried. but then again the Pistons seem to crank things up as need be.

Its going to be fun, I am sure you don't believe that it will be as easy as it is right now for them. Playing the Suns is alot different then the pistons.

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I see the Heat's coarch is already starting the baby whining. Talking about the Detroit crowd. Listen I have been to the games. I did not hear ANY cussing or swearing (I am sure there is some) at the other team. Now I am sitting about two rows back from where the brawl started. More towards the center of court. Any closer and it would cost me 450.00 for tickets. Let me tell you folks this is not a Detroit crowd per sey. The palace is 50 miles or so from Detroit. The Palace is in Oakland County. ONe of the richest if not the richest counties in America (it goes back and forth from here and CA"). The Palace is about 1 and a half miles from my house. The Pistons live down the road. They call it the billion dollar mile. Houses go for millions of dollars. IN other words these are rich white and black folks that are sitting down on the floor where you can be heard by the teams. The Detroit people cannot afford these games. We have some of the hightest ticket rates in the league and sell out every game. I believe we have broke all NBA records for sell out crowds in a row.
    I think people have this picture that the game is attended by gang bangers and hoods ect. Not the case. Watch the crowds.

Now I have sat in the nosebleed sections and not have had to deal with crusing or swearing fans. Been going for over 20 years.

10. PastorSBC1303

None of those 4 are superstars. Rasheed has been on other teams and was not a superstar. Rip was on a different team and no superstar. If I remember right Chauncy was on a different team at the start of his career as well. Taysun is not a superstar.

Now there is no doubt these guys play great together. They are a great team. But you take any of these guys and put them on seperate teams and they are not superstars capable of carrying a team by themselves. They are great team players, but that is different from being a superstar.

Tim Duncan is a superstar.

Tracy McGrady is a superstar.

Kevin Garnett is a superstar.

Kobe Bryant is a superstar.

Lebron James is a superstar.

The guys Detroit have are great team players and they may win their 2nd title together. But they are not 4 superstars.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's too bad you missed the second period when the Spurs held the league's best offense to 10 points.

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well well I guess it takes a good coach sometimes to bring out the best. Sometimes its players attitude. Many players go and come from different teams and do better or worse. I don't think you really pay much attention to the pistons. But at least we can agree that a good team will most likely beat great players. Eh? I mean according to you we have 4 "good" players and 1 good def. only , Ben, and they have whooped the league.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last year. This year I doubt it. :D

14. PastorSBC1303

I keep up with all the NBA. I am just not as "vocal" about it as some around here. You do not have to be from Michigan or Detroit to know about the team.

I stand by my comments. 4 good players, but none of them are superstars.

Of course a team with 4 good players is going to beat a team with one superstar and a bunch of nobodies. No doubt about that.

As I have said many times on here, the Pistons are a good team, a very good team. And they may very well win the title. However I believe the Spurs are a better team this year and will win it all.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But...but...but...but Tim said so. [​IMG]

16. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

But...but...but...but Tim said so. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]You two can't talk sports talk then just ignore me. You say something ignorant like IN is a better team yet the facts show the pistons have beaten them overe and over during the last two years and are in the playoffs. They aren't. When I call you on it then you get you shorts in a bunch. Hey if Detroits loses then I was wrong. They have just as good a chance of beating the spurs, or more so then anyone else. If you want to talk and compare players or stats thats fine. Thats what I like. Not just because I say so. No its the comments coming out you two that don't add up.

I been through this with Kenny boy and his bad mouthing the Pisotn, Detroit and the palace. Not knowing the facts, just bashing. And now I have you two doing the same thing with the playoffs. Making outlandish statements and then not stating why you believe that. Maybe just to yank my chain. Thats fine but it seems to be working in reverse as you two seem to be getting uptight.

Oh yeah heres my [​IMG] to show you that I am still haveing fun. LOL

17. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Last year. This year I doubt it. :D </font>[/QUOTE]Well doubt it no longer because they are going to be in the top 2 teams. See, thats what I mean by stupid statements. They already have beaten everyone but two teams right now, which they have beat doing the season, so that pretty much is the league. They are a great team, they have great player and they have the record to show it. Thats why they are where they are, "sportsfans", duh! :D

18. PastorSBC1303

So because I do not agree with you, then I cannot talk sports talk?

I would like for you to post here what "ignorant" things I have said?

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I said was "If Artest had been playing it could very well have been Indiana playing Miami in this the Eastern Conference finals."

Please notice that I expressed an opinion. Please notice that I did not use absolutist language as I used the words "If" and "could very well have been".

There are no sure things in sports and I don't talk like there are. I've seen too many "sure things" handed their head on a platter.

20. PastorSBC1303

Miaaaamiiii Heeeaaaaatt Baskeeetttballl :D [​IMG] [​IMG]