1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am confident after the Spurs put a whooping on the league's team with the best record on their home court twice that the Spurs can take a final series from either team that comes out of the East. [​IMG]

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Well I guess there will be no sweep for the Pistons. Looks like we might have a good series!

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

So inferior they made it to the eastern finals! hmmm??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

And they made it too the finals....not the spurs. See when I hear statements as screwy as this I have to wonder. But EVERYONE is intitle to their opinion. It doesn't hurt me though. I love to talk sports. :D

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Yep and I preditcted they would if you read earlier in the posts. They tend to lay back at times but when their backs are up against the wall they seem to always pull it through. They did not play well but you see no fear of panic in their face. They will work hard to get the job done.

One other thing. Its A lot difference it seems to me in the east from the west run and gun.

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

San Antonio actually usually plays more of an eastern conference style - they are happier when they score less than 100.

Yes detroit is vulnerable, they showed it again last night - how did that vaunted D let wade score 40!!! Shaq was a MAN last night. Detroit should have swept Indy. My prediciton is that Miami takes one of two in detroit and gets home court back. This one will go seven, so we will get to see how great detroit is with thier back against the wall. I think detroit will win this one - but will be worn out against the spurs.

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well how did inferior Heat beat Spurs at home, and Indinia beat them at home too. Not to mention the pistons split with them also.

The Spurs are not vulneralbe. Hogwash!

My prediction is that Detroit will take the next two at home.

8. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

NOW that would be your best bet. I can understand that thinking. I alwasy hope the teams are both healthy and at their best. Eliminates alot of excuses.

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Geee, imagine that, nothing like surprising us :D

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's pretty clear after last night's game that this edition of the Pistons does not measure up to last year's.

If Artest had been playing it could very well have been Indiana playing Miami in this the Eastern Conference finals.

The Spurs clearly have a better offense than the Pistons and their defense is certainly just as good if not better.

Frankly, I think the Spurs, if they take out the Suns, would have a harder time against the Heat than the Pistons in the finals.

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Geee, imagine that, nothing like surprising us :D </font>[/QUOTE]What!!!!! I predicted they would lose this last game too the Heat. And I was right! Gee....... :rolleyes:

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Again with the predictions, LOL Ken what do you base your theory on. The fact the Pistons beat IN last year with artest! Or how about your other statement, the Heat would be harder then the Pistons even if the pistons beat them, LOL YOu are a very funny man.

Let me try your style, I think Seattle and the mavericks are much better teams then the spurs will ever be! Oh they beat them....doesn't matter I don't have to make sense. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

Carry on Kenny

13. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The Spurs look pretty invincible at this point - it would take a miracle for the Suns to come back at this point. the Mavs doing it against Houston was one thing - but against the Spurs its not going to happen. As to your last point, even though it was in jest, I thought the Mavs matched up better against the Spurs than they did against the Suns - but I am a MFFL (Mavs Fan for Life)!

I just cant believe the time off they are giving - these teams need to play every other night. the break only helps the Heat. Detroit better crank up that D!

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Shaq is a very frustrating person to guard. He is so big that he often just plows through you to score. It use to be when you put your head down or shoulder down into someone that is a charge. But underneath the basket that is hard to call.

You have to just let him get his thata all.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This year's edition of the Pistons is not as good as last year's edition that beat the Pacers with Artest. Remember, Timmy, that past performance does not guarantee future results. [​IMG]

16. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

This year's edition of the Pistons is not as good as last year's edition that beat the Pacers with Artest. Remember, Timmy, that past performance does not guarantee future results. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]What exactly is the deference in your opinion and how has it cost them? They have their starting 5 and picked up Mcdyss who is playing great.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are not playing as well in these playoffs, Timmy. Just having basically the same players back does not mean that a team will play as well or better the next season. As I stated, I truly believe that if Artest had been available that the Pistons would not still be in the playoffs. I know you disagree and that is okie dokie with me. [​IMG]

18. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Kenny,Understand opinions........like if the Spurs where in the eastern conference they woul.d not have the record they have or even have made the playoffs.

nah not really but sometimes I get crazy back with people who get crazy with me. Artest...lol. I think you are just yanking my chain.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Timmy, I honestly believe that if Artest had played that there was a really good chance that the Pistons would have already been bounced from the playoffs.

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

KennyBoy, then I guess I am getting bored with your outlandish, goofy, nosense statements. [​IMG] [​IMG]