1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tim

I read in the paper this morning that Larry Brown has his walking shoes on again - and that his next stop is GM of Cleveland. Supposedly he is interviewing coaches! I'll bet the folks in Detroit are real happy about his attention being divided.

I warned you that RashWEED is a head case - wasnt a bit suprised that he got a T in the 4th quarter in a tight game.

Detroit is in must win shape right now, cant lose two at home and expect to beat a good miami team with a semi healthy Shaq. BTW, is there any doubt now that Shaq should have been the MVP - this year and each of the past 5 years for that matter. It is criminal that he has only won it once.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Wow things get awful quiet around here following a Detroit home loss.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to the Suns for salvaging some pride in this series as befits the league's best regular season team.

Just as in the Seattle series the Spurs had a game where they let down on concentrating on hitting their free throws and it cost them. And now they have to play another game because of it. And they can only blame themselves.

GO SPURS GO!!!

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Hey do you all take a holiday from the boards at all, or this be your life?

Went to Ohio to check out a 68 corvette for sale and then visited the folks.

The pistons manage to put together back to back stinkers no doubt. Absolutely no defense as in the third game of the Spurs. When teams are scoring 110-120 a game you know someone ain't playing defense. Last game the Heat shot 57% and we shot 37% percent. No defense on either side so it was whoever was shooting the best.

I didn't nor do I see anyone (sports anouncers) rushing to say the Heat is going to win the series. The Pistons continely manage to overcome and suprise everyone, I guess thats why. I am not scared, a little nervous maybe but still think its a piston series.

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I don't know if the rumors are effecting the game or not. It is not being talk about too much here. Mostly cause Brown doesn't wantg to talk about it.

As far as Rasheed goes he has been great here in Detroit. chauncy got a little upset at the refs and got a t also. But the Pistons let the refs get too them and that help cost them the game. I don't think the refing was great but not the cause of the loss. Jut Poor playing, it happens. No one hitting etc, or playing defense. Just wide open shots.

I am sure that the Piston will be a team with a missin when they come out tonight. I don't think Shaq is hurt, he is playing the best he can play. At this time of the BB season everyone has injuries and bruses. YOu just play thru them, but do I think Shaq is hurt, you show me where he is hurting. As far as him being the MVP I supose he is a good as any. There are many great players in the NBA. I loved the old match ups of old but the talent is just as great today if not greater then those "old" days.
    I loved when the Pistons where the force taking the celtics and Jordon and Pippins bulls to school. Then they had to break that team up. Thats when Rodman went nuts. Daily and the pistons where his family.

One thing I will say about Shaq is that he has mastered the grab and hook. Why a guy that bigt would need to do that I don't know but he is the star. Just like Jordon he gets his own set of rules. I loved watching JOrdon bring the ball down and someone bump him and he goes to the line. About 10 or 12 times a game. But your watch the other gaurds bringing the ball down, I am thinking of J. Stockon and others and they get the bump and grind all the way down the floor without a call. Its not hard to school 30 pts a game when half of em are at the free throw line. But I am just rambling now its been that way throughout NBA history. And great players will not beat a great team anyways.

6. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

That was a good game Ken. Have to admit. Stadamare did a great job on Duncan as did the other suns. This was one of the few games where there was defense and high scoring. I enjoyed the game. Just a pride saver for the suns though I am afraid.

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Hey I'll give you guys my cell number if you feel the need to gloat right after a game! Believe me my ears where burning after the Pistons game. [​IMG]

By the way I seen a heckler just riding Alonzo all during the game. Thought it was funny. Alonzo was giving it back to him. I don't think he was paying as much attention to the game as to the heckler. The heckler tried to get the coach and Shaq into a little sqauble but they ignored him.

8. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tim

did you get to go to the game - I have been to a few mavs playoff games - what a blast! I was at a Mavs playoff game several years ago when they had the lakers (magic era) on the ropes. Derek harper thought that the mavs were up and dribbled out the clock - the game was actually tied- mavs lost in overtime - lakers won in seven I believe. It was the closest the mavs ever made it to the NBA finals. I did not have a voice for a week!

Suns will win the series - but now they have to be a bit nervous. Suns could and should win at home next game - and then what if the suns should happen to win game 6. they are a talented team, and each extra game brings in the possibility of injury. Spurs should have taken them out in game 4 at home.

9. PastorSBC1303

My family and I did not do anything major for the holiday so I was around to keep up with the latest BB information.

For what it is worth, I still think the Pistons will win this series and face off with the Spurs in the finals. But I would say tonight is a must win for them, you cannot loose 2 in a row at home and expect to win a series.

Oh yeah, I am still waiting on the "ignorant" things that I said :D

Tim, I have enjoyed our sports talk and going back and forth. I consider it all in good fun. Hope God blesses your life! [​IMG]

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Uh can I just apologize. I think I was the ignorant one. Looks like I may be eating crow. I see the spurs are alot more consistant then the Pistons. The Pistons cannot afford to have a bad game like last one and beat the SPurs. Actually the last two. Hopefully they know that and if they get past the Heat will step it up a notch.

You all know I am a 47 year old locked in a 18 year olds mind. [​IMG]

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

lHello Jimmy, yeah I did go. I would like to get my money back though LOL. Well If I had paid for the tickets. I enjoy BB games. I go to a tigers every once in a while. The Loins, almost never since they moved to Detroit. But it is fun to go to the Palace. All seats are good, even the furtherest seats are really not the bad. The designer of the Palace did a great Job. My brother in law, golf course supervisor, use to have box seats to the games. I enjoy it down on the floor more. The tickest I had last time let you go early park free, eat and the go to the game. At halftime you can go back to the food and get all the desert you want. The resturant is right out the exit of the row we sit in. They have all kinds of food. It is great.

The Suns played a great game. That was fun too watch. I just don't know if Duncan had a bad day or the Def. was that awesome. Its hard to tell but the next game is going to be interesting. They Suns have to have had a boost knowing that they can play like that. I hope there is more of game tonight from the Pistons or the crow I am going to eat is going to be rough going down. grin

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Great game last night. If they could play like that every game! Almost a perfect game. See what the heat has for us thursday. Campbell did a great job with Shaq. I think its good that the man is getting up in years. If you played the whole game like he does the first quarter I would have to go with the Heat.

See if the Suns newfound confidence helps any tonight. They played a great game monday. If they can get another one like that they could very well be tied.

13. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Where is everybody? Found life outside of BBC? ;)

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Looks like it the Suns had Johnson from the start of the series they may be facing the winners of the East.

15. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Nice job Spurs! I did not expect the Suns to go down so quickly.

16. PastorSBC1303

Still looking like a Spurs and Piston match-up in the finals...and should be a great one.

17. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like I will be moving to San Antonio just in time to hear the entire city say that the Spurs are world champs again!

Aloha.

18. PastorSBC1303

AF Guy... may I give you a piece of advice...

Duck [​IMG] :D

19. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

8 mins into the 3 qt and the Heat get called for their first foul. Anouncer just said Shaq is getting awayh with everything he got called on the last game. If the Pistons work their way through this they have a great chance of winning the championship.

WHERE IS EVERYONE..........lot of nervous people out there?!

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Tim, you told us that it's a sure thing that no team can beat the Pistons in a series this year. Therefore, we must expect the Pistons to win the next two games. Based on your analysis the next two games should be a slam dunk for the Pistons. [​IMG]