1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Yeah Yeah Ken, guess I didn't figure in the ref factor. They came out and played the same game that beat the heat last game. Till the refs took them out. My congrads to the heat. Great acting job on the flops. The announcer even said in the 3 qt that shaq was getting away with the same calls he had last game. Alot of the replays showed the calls where sorry. I am sure we will disagree but hey such is life. It still ain't over. And I doubt you would take any bets otherwise. ;)

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think all basketball fans can sympathize with problems with refs, Tim.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Oh I'm sorry did you think I was sympathizing with them...... grin

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

After the game on Thursday...

O'Neal offered the Mikan family his condolences, praised the gentleman for his contribution to the game and then offered to pay for the funeral.

Wallace ranted about the officials. Of course, you couldn't hear what he was saying due to every other word being 4 letters and being "bleeped" out.

What a contrast.

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Save your pistons bashing Spurgeon. They all are in more then one community service here in Detroit. They all give back so if you just want to bash the Piston then just say it. Be straight out.

Shaq has gone off on tv and swore before. He just speaks softer.

I know Detroit is a bad evil town with evil teams. I know you motive posting what you did. Silly!

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Now we are getting some where :D [​IMG]

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Now we are getting some where :D [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]So it really has nothing to do with sports, just a hatred for Detroit?! :eek: ..............already knew that! :rolleyes:

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Ahhh Tim, don't worry about it. Dislike of other cities is a part of sports. You really do not think that Boston fans like New York, or that New York fans like Boston. Or do Chicago fans like St. Louis? Etc, Etc, Etc. It is all a part of the sports world.

I am sure Detroit has many, many great people. I am sure the fans and players of Detroit are good people. It is just part of the fun.

I just thought for a moment there you were getting a clue as to the "evilness" of Detroit. ;) [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh, and by the way, Detroit is not the most evil place. That would actually be St. Louis and all them dreaded Cardinal fans. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I wish that there was some way that refs in all sports could be regulated, it just seems that they can ruin a game with bad calls. And it makes you wonder what is going on in their heads somtimes. :eek:

I do know that the NBA is all about marketing and money. Money has ruined sports. The media and the NBA want an Heat/Spurs matchup. It looks more glamorous and would be a better sell.

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

You have to wonder how great some of these players would be without special rules for them. Anyone else who hooks when he drives, or uses his none shooting hand to wave off block shots, or drops his shoulder to run over a defender and does not get called for it has to make you wonder. If half the guards got the calls that Jordon got, 10 12 trips to the free throw line a game would not they have 30 pt games? There are special rules for some players. I think Wade is already getting Jordon respect and he is still a rookie. Whatever there should just be consistant calls. No special privalidges. The NBA looks like the WWF sometimes.

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Yeah and lest we forget this great "gentlman's" contribution to last years playoffs as he complained about the refs, the coach and his other teammates.
    And he mock Ben for being the defensive player of the year. When asked if Ben had anything in reply, he just shrugged his shoulders and said, nah.

What a contrast.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without Wade(and even if he plays Monday I wonder how effective he will be) I think the Heat are finished in this series - unless the Pistons let their guard down because of their big win.

So it looks like fortune is smiling on the Pistons to make the NBA finals.

Barring injury, I expect the Spurs to win the finals in six games versus either the Pistons or the Heat.

13. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy ...

Just having some fun - don't take it so seriously. We all know that Rasheed is a model citizen. Having 30 technicals in a season just screams "role model" doesn't it??? (Yes, I know that it is ONLY in the high 20's.)

Congrats on Saturday's game. Good luck on Monday. BTW, Dwayne was a rookie LAST year. My personal prediction:

IF Wade is close to full strength and IF the refs call basketball game, then the Heat have a chance. Two very big IFs.

IF Wade is not close or IF the refs call a "Bush"ball game, then it falls to the Pistons.

Either way, it's been a fun series - enough for me to invest in tickets again next year.

BTW, if you all do win, ask your fellow citizens to keep the fires to a minimum, OK?

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well at least I got you off of Shaq, your super model.

Heres the way I see it. Pistons may not get by the Heat if they don't let them guard shaq like they did this last game. They have been playing the replays over and over here and there are three fouls that Wade got where Tayshun and Rip where at least three feet away and no contact. I can't blame them for being frustrated for being called on imaginary fouls. Also if the officals call the same game they did last time the Heat (at the Heat) will win. Then you can explain to me how the Piston got to where they are at by playing the way they do and then taking the game away from them. And hey by the way western league sportsfans is good defense what you all call bush ball out there?

I think Wade got hurt on one of his flops so I am not going to feel sorry for him.

Hey if they burn the houses down in Detroit it will not bother me. Its over 50 miles from me. I won't even see the smoke.

15. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I agree Ken if the Pistons can't put together 4 good games. It looks like that is not possiable with them watching the playoffs. HOwever .....IF they do watch out. I think it was Parker who said after the last game with the suns they expected a harder game no matter who won in the east. Because of the defense instead of the run and gun of our division.

16. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Where did we get him from? Didn't the west have him last. How would you expect him to act coming out of the trailer parks out west. [​IMG]

17. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Actually Rasheed has not been bad here in Detroit Followerofspurgeon. If he gets out of hand we will get rid of him. Look at Rodman. He was great while in Detroit after he went to other teams is when he started to get his attitude.

18. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Rodman was under Chuck Daly, who was like a stern disciplinarian. Rodman couldn't behave like he did after he left Detroit under Daly's coaching.

Ahh those were great days you remind me of... Isaiah Thomas, Bill Lambeer, Joe Dumars... lots of memories!

I like this crop of Pistons though too! Hope they win tonight.

19. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Its really not any different then last year it seems 4His-glory. When they went up against the Lakers it was supose to be the Lakers. They lost in 5 and easly could have been 4. It was a crushing defeat.

Now we hear how Shaq is hurt, wade is hurt and the excuses flow. No mention when Rasheed was hurt against the IND series or that Rip has been playing with a pulled leg muscle. Just how the Heat are hurt.

ON the other hand you have us complaining about the referering but still with all the calls we had chances to win the 5 game against the heat. But the team broke down and the refs got to em. They lost it.

If the Piston can pull it together they have the team to take it all the way. They have played the type of ball that would beat anyone or at least give them a tough a game as anyone could. It is up to the Pistons. Either shake the contraversy from themselves and move on and play ball or go home.

I think they are a good crop too. Have maintain themselves professionaly quite well.

20. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

How is spewing profanities in a post-game interview maintaining their professionalism? Just wondering...

BTW, both sides are complaining about the refs. About the most we can agree on is that they have been terribly inconsistent.

Good luck tonight, but I don't think you'll need it.