Originally posted by Terry_Herrington:
[QB] This thread shows that we cannot even agree on what "balanced" is, let alone define who is, or is not to the right, left, or the middle of it.
AMEN!!
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Billy Graham holds to the fundamentals.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it is very doubtful that Graham holds to the fundamentals anymore. Consider this quote of his from an interview with Robert Schuller in 1997 (as cited in Iain Murray’s Evangelicalism Divided, pp 73-74):
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“… I think that everybody that loves or knows Christ, whether they are conscious of it or not, they are members of the body of Christ. . . . He is calling people out of the world for his name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they have been called by God. They may not know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something they do not have, and they turn to the only light they have, and I think that they are saved and they are going to be with us in heaven.”
Surprised by this Schuller was anxious for clarification, ‘What , what I hear you saying, that it’s possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life, even if they have been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you are saying?’
“Yes, it is,” Graham responded in decided tones.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How sad He was at one time very fundamental.
posted October 30, 2003 05:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I said "lunatic fringe" I was referring to the very people you had trouble with. Those who separate from non-KJOnlys.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure if that was directed at me, but it was just under my post. But to clear it up I DO seperate over the KJB issue. If I hear a pastor on the radio using another version, I turn it off. I don't visit churches in my area known for using another version. I don't even read something that has quotes from another version. My soul, that is a MAJOR issue with me. That's the Bible we're talking about!
So if being part of the lunatic fringe means I'm KJB only, well so be it. If that's considered crazy, let the world go crazy!
Amen Me Too!!!!!!!!