Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
I believe the KJV issue is compromising as well. KJVO's are adding a doctrine to scripture by saying it is the only preserved Word of God in the English language. That is by definition compromise.Originally posted by crazycat:
I believe the KJV issue is compromising. I believe that it is the only preserved Word of God in the English language.
"Ain't" that the truth!But the older I get and the more ridiculous some of the "separation" issues become (like slacks, tracks, and blacks) the more inclusive I become.
I would never propose that it did.Originally posted by crazycat:
>I have separated with a church and a pastor who was a friend over this very issue. I didn't make a big stink- just explained where I thought he went wrong privately, gave him time to consider a response, and left when he came down on the unbiblical side. <
Just because you separated, from it doesn't make you right.
Compromising with what? You would not be compromising against the Bible (KJV). It says absolutely nothing that can be construed as supporting KJVOnlyism. In fact, it contains examples and internal evidence that disproves KJVOnlyism. Such as the differences between the Isaiah Jesus read at Luke 4:18 and the Isaiah translated by the KJV translators at Isaiah 61:1.I do believe that the KJV is the only preserved version in the English language. Thus it would be compromising if I settled for less.
A great deal and have posted most if not all of it in the versions forum.Originally posted by crazycat:
>>>>>How did you determine that they were false writings? What research? What experience?<<<<<<
What research have you got to prove otherwise?
Scripture is not determined by YOUR experiences. Your experiences should be judged by scripture.As for my experience, well it is my experience from using the NIV and NKJV that made me come to my conclusion. Never, onnce using those writings did God ever speak to me. That is my experience
Really? I believe Mark had an ending, just not exactly the one recorded in the KJV.I guess the Last Chapter of Mark proves nothing to you. It sure means alot to me.
Like in my church, if I run across someone espousing doctrinal error I will confront them. Especially someone who does it within the body of fundamental believers. The future of fundamental Christianity in America is dependent on adherence to the truth. KJVOnlyism is a direct threat.BTW I only responded to this post cause I thought it was interesting. Not to fight. I am a lady and I am bowing out graceful. say what you want I don't care. I know the Truth and it has set me free.
Do you see what you just did, cc? You called the Word of God (NKJV, NIV) "false" and then condemned others for saying YOU have "false" man-made doctrine on onlyism.Originally posted by crazycat:
I just believe after much research and experience of using falsse[sic] writings (NIV and NKJV)I believe the only preserved Word in english is KJV.
Doesn't mean I believe in false doctrine. I just happen to believe in God's Word.