1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Garden

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, Sep 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have so many problems that fixing one is not going to help you much.
    Here is what the Bible says about Adam and you and me in our natural and physical state,

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Adam was spiritually dead when he sinned. Death means separation and that is all it means. The wages of sin is death from Adam after he sinned through the present time. The Spirit of God is life now as well as for Adam when he was created and placed in the Garden with God. His sin separated him and his offspring from God and nary a person born of Adam had the Spirit of God dwelling in his body until God made him his gift to all who would believe him, God, and trust the sacrificial death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for us.

Thank God for his goodness to us all through Jesus Christ, the only remedy for sin..

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The three different deaths to death.

3. YokeFellow

YokeFellow New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    *Recreated*

God did not lie. 'Surely die' means physical death and that is precisely what happened.

I invite you to prove that the phrase 'surely die' is not literal.

4. YokeFellow

YokeFellow New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is a Zygote?

Where do you come up with this stuff?

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please read and undersrand my signature.

Romans 1:16, ". . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . ."

1 Corinthians 15:1-4, ". . . the gospel . . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . "

1 John 5:1, ". . . Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . ."

7. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not what it means. Adam was separated from God from the time of his act of sin and cast out of the garden, not to see the face of God again. From that point sinners must approach God through a blood sacrifice. My approach is through the Lord Jesus Christ who shed his blood for me and satisfied a thrice holy God on my behalf. This is true of all sinners who will come to God in the name of Jesus Christ.

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The Hebrew means created not recreated. Genesis 5:2.
    Oh, it is literal. There are three deaths to death.
    The three different deaths to death.

Jesus explained what death was in the second death. Matthew 10:28, ". . . fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. . . ."

At issue is Adam, the man and woman were created on the sixth day. And you seem to think Genesis 2:5-6 must all refer to before the third day. ". . . And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. . . ."

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Physical death occurs twice for the lost.
    Hebrews 9:27..
    Revelation 20:11-15.

10. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, this thread is chock full of inanity! I hesitate to say anything, but my inner dingbat forces me to say:

1. There are two meanings to the Hebrew word "Adam." First of all, it was obviously the actual name of the man God created, of course. However, in Genesis 5:2, the Hebrew word אָדָ֔ם simply means "people" or "human." The Holladay Lexicon says for its first meaning, "1. coll. people."

2. Very clearly, each individual human is in the image of God. Someone quoted Genesis 9:6, which is clearly after the Garden, but in the NT we also have: "For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man" (1 Corinthians 11:7).

3. Why in the world would anyone deny that Adam was made on the 6th day, I'll never know. It is so clear in Scripture. If not, then the clear and logical day by day creation listed in Genesis 1 is nonsense, and I for one will never say that!

Okay, carry on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    After John of Japan's clear word of truth......we will end with that.

Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.