• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The KJV is all I understand

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
I thsink worship includes music, but we worship God in prayer, and in reading and hearing His word.

I agree that some modern hymns (thankfully not all) are repetitive, and the words don't have much depth of meaning.

I have never been in a church which has somebody called a worship leader.
David,
I refuse to refer to the music director as the "worship leader"
In fact when someone says so and so s the worship leader - I respond with - "Oh so he is the senior pastor?"

and by the way - EVERY part of the service is important -
That includes the offering, announcements, and as you mentioned prayer, Bible reading, ect!
 

SovereignGrace

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
When I sat and listened to a preacher preach from the KJV I always believed what they had to say. Now when i listen to a sermon preached from other versions I find myself worrying that something is off the mark here. And I also consider the non KJV version sermon very dry. It is like... My gosh how boring and lifeless! Am I caffenated enough for all of this?
You’ve just reduced God’s word to being only found in one version.
 

SovereignGrace

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
That's because in that generation - the KJV was about the only available version available.

Thats like saying that your grandmother never used a microwave as a young wife.
Could be they did not have any back there. But once on the market - I bet she finally got one!
WAIT- WHY - cooking in a Sears model 1611 stove is much better!
But she cannoteth maketh goodeth enougheth cornbredeth in her modern microwaveth! Taketh thateth!
 

SovereignGrace

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
The two most important parts of church...

1. Worship - In music
2. The Word - A qualified speaker

Suggesting changes in translation is very similar to suggesting changes in worship. The way some modern worship songs sound to me....

We need your presence... Rah! Rah! Rah!
We need your presence... Rah! Rah! Rah!
We need your presence... Rah! Rah! Rah!
(repeating the same three lines over and over)

An attempt to talk to the worship leader in the tune of, "this really doesn't mean a whole lot to me" or, "the old hymns had a whole lot more meaning" is the same as saying "the sermon didn't carry a lot of weight" after some sugar coated sermon.
The MV’s also contain the very word of God as well. You are worshipping the KJV over and above Christ. That’s idolatry.
 
Top