ituttut said:
Can't disagree with thisTrue words. Taking in the above scripture, and this one we still must "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22. Abstain from all appearance of evil." I find paganism "evil" wherever we may find it.Fully agree, but I believe they should be made aware of the origin of Christmas, and Easter, showing they have no foundation to stand on as they worship, accepting December 25 was the day God was born, or Easter was known or observed by the "kingdom church", or the Body Church. It is up to them what and when they worship. We will all answer to whom we listened and obeyed, while we lived.Double that HankD.
OK I'm trying to see both sides of this issue.
Personally I commemorate the birth of Christ around the Christmas season after all angels and the heavenly host celebrated His first birthay
But, I try to avoid as much as possible the commercial side of the holiday season.
As to the days of the week, do we print "Prayer Meeting - Wednesday" in our calendar or advertise the same on our outside Bulletin Board?
Doesn't this honor the false god Woden that we have a prayer meeting on Woden's Day even though we aren't fully aware of the historic facts behind the naming of the days?
To be consistent, don't we have an obligation to learn these things as well?
The real answer is to let each decide where to draw the line without passing judgement on what I believe are non-issue decisions (apart from the fact that some of these decisions are offensive to other Christians).
We can't please everyone:
James 3:2 For in many things we offend all ...
So, maybe it's best in these cases just to not mention them, which seems to be alluded to in the second half of this verse:
...If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
Your brother
HankD