1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will vaccine division create party splits?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JonC, Sep 9, 2021.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. It is the sane. We are talking about what constitutes "force".

Mert this requirement or lose your job. To you that is force - I say that is the employers right.

You may say prohibiting cell phones is reasonable and requiring vaccinations is unreasonable- and that is fair. But either way, by your standard, it is force.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's in this part:

"Each agency shall implement, to the extent consistent with applicable law, a program to require COVID-19 vaccination for all of its Federal employees, with exceptions only as required by law."

3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If American Airlines fired someone for being Muslim, The Fed Govt would become involved.
    Nothing different here.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you show where you found that? I do not see that language in Biden's six-point plan that is linked above.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The guy can sue for wrongful termination. It is illegal for them to fire the guy for medical conditions as long as he can perform his duties.

Would the federal government step in had he been Muslim? No. But he could still sue (medical or religion).

I haven't read about American Airlines. But American Airlines should have done what United did if they were concerned and placed the guy on leave (I think they did on unpaid leave, though).

6. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never mind. I found it in the executive order. I guess time will tell what exemptions to vaccines that Biden's agencies think are or should be required by law.

7. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dictating one's health choices is not the right of an employer.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    not only that the government is involved in pushing employers to do it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not certain I agree.

Back in the day teachers could smoke on campus in a designated area, then the total ban was placed upon school grounds.

Obama administration (if I recall correctly) put in place a school lunch program. Amazing how much food was thrown in the dumpster each day.

Teachers must pass a periodic TB test to acquire and remain on the campus.

If a child or teacher have lice, pink eye, measles, fever, strep throat, and a number of other health related conditions conditions they must not be on campus.

Do not employers such as fire and police depts., FedEx, UPS, … have rules about physical health and ability to perform jobs?

Does a waiter get to continue on the job if they have hepatitis?

One’s health and health choices do seem to impact the employer/employee relationship.

When it comes to the covid vaccines, then there are other options.

We talked to an employee, today, who have offices in other large cities.

The employees are required to wear detection devices that track the proximity to another employee. It gives off a warning beep if two or more are standing too close for too long. They immediately fire anyone who is noted as repeatedly violating the boundaries.

The devices are expected to arrive in the Dallas area sometime next week. Btw, the offices are occupied by lawyers. :)

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, here in the states, prior to vaccinations, house quarantine was part of the law.

For example: If a home had diphtheria, the whole house would be quarantined with a notice posted and only health care workers could come and go.

Even in this day, animals and farm produce must undergo inspections for disease and keep records of treatments. Whole herds can be slaughter if there are outbreaks of certain diseases.

For someone to purposely infect another is a criminal act of assault.

Here is a case of “Typhoid Mary”. Laws still exist concerning these type of diseases.

All I was suggesting was that folks remove (as I and my wife have) the ability of the enemy of Christ to accuse. There is enough just in our daily living for that evil to degrade believers, why give him any more to mock?

I’ve been looking at some of the information. And I am still open to being persuaded, however, I has also encounter a lot of miss information being passed about. So, I’m in a holding and waiting pattern.

12. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your opinion.

According to Scripture, I am merely an Ambassador while I live here on earth.

You may cling to the America of your conjuring, but I do seek a better home.

Was not Paul a Roman citizen, and what government put him to death?

I was born an American, just as Paul was born a Roman citizen, however, for me to live is not a benefit to America unless I present as did Paul that authority in my life as devoted to Christ and be held as not accountable before the accusations of evil hearted agenda driven pretenders.

Now, marine, what should you do?

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we all cling to a better home. Problem is that better home was not part of your reasoning. It is now misused as a cop out. How convenient.

14. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Difference is I don’t cling, I rest assured.

Remember when Paul was confronted, removed from the Temple, and stood multiple times before accusers? What was his defense? The accusers had to make up events and it was plainly seen, even in the statements of one of the great orators of the day.

I take that same view.

It is no cop out, far from it.

Should not all believers live with this principle of living above reproach?

My hope is that I never bring further shame upon the name of the Lord by any action, speech or thought.

It is not convenient, but example setting.

15. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your original post to which I replied you equated simply not getting vaccinated with purposely infecting others. That simply is not true. I do not know any unvaccinated person who is purposefully setting out to infect other people. And just because they choose not to be vaccinated does not mean they use no other safety measures.
    It certainly does not come across as that was "all you were suggesting." It sounded like you want to go after the unvaccinated with criminal charges.

#75 rlvaughn, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You right. It's united. Mandatory Unpaid leave for religious beliefs is ok?

17. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is the law, and then there is the interpretation of the law (e.g., by lawyers & judges). I can't understand what United thinks they are doing, and what kind of legal team is advising them on this. "We will," they say, "accommodate your religious and medical exemptions to the covid-vax by putting you on unpaid leave." What is their end game? Either quit because you can't afford to have a job for which you don't get paid, or give up your objections and get the vaccination? Neither of those options are a real accommodation. Is there some other option? I can't think of one. I expect United will soon be seeing the inside of a courtroom on this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely unbelievable! COVID is a cold virus that can be transmitted through very causal contact. To compare that with a STD that requires s@xual intercourse is obscene.

When the laws concerning HIV transmission were passed, it was a death sentence to get HIV infection. Very few survived more than a few months, maybe a couple of years. There were people intentionally infected others to bring attention to the “cause”.

This virus has a 99.9+ survival rate for almost everyone.

This is a disgusting comparison that lacks any intellectual honesty. I am astonished two people have now called for criminal charges concerning transmission of COVID as if it were a STD.

Mind-boggling!!!!

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stupid is as stupid does!
    ________ Forrest Gump

Nothing could go with that, could it???

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Smoking is not a healthcare choice and therefore not comparable. With regard to the health conditions, that is different from healthcare choices. And I would suit whatever company I worked for that made me wear those stupid draconian devices about proximity. That is ridiculous.