Are you trying to say that this passage teaches egalitarianism? That women and men are equal one to another in every way?
If this is what you mean by egalitarianism then yes the bible does teach that.
The egalitarian view holds that God created men and women with equal status, worth, and authority, meaning all leadership roles in the church are open to women based on spiritual gifting rather than gender.
Where in the scriptures does it say that anyone is "called" to preach? In what context would God call someone and in which context would they fulfil this calling? Preaching does not necessarily mean standing behind a pulpit and raining fire on a congregation!
I agree that preaching does not necessarily require one to stand behind a pulpit. Have you not heard the term "called to preach.
"We are not 'called' to preach; we are COMMANDED to preach!" Let that one sink in for a while. We simply need to determine in what context that we are to carry out this command
We are called to various means of service and if that happens to be to preach they we can say they were called to preach.
I therefore believe that a woman may teach and preach without usurping authority over a man but such also means that she is not standing behind a pulpit expositing the scriptures over the main congregation!
Yes I know that is what you believe and I believe that if God has called a woman to preach in that capacity then that is where she should be.
As I said, none of these spiritual gifts specifically require one to enter the "Vocational Ministry" and pastor a church!
I agree and did not say they did.
I defy you to show me where the "Gift of Preaching" (specifically, holding the office of a Bishop) is found anywhere in the scriptures!
Did I say it was one of the listed gifts?
The Spiritual Gifts in Rom 12 and 1 Cor 12 are intentionally vague to cover a wide scope of areas in which one may be called and equipped for service.
So you agree that people are called to service, and that service can be to preach.
The only way to make the text say anything else is because one wants it to say something else and therein lies the problem.
You read the text so that it says one thing and I read it and it says another. We both say scripture backs up our position so we will just have to disagree.