If this is what you mean by egalitarianism then yes the bible does teach that.
The egalitarian view holds that God created men and women with equal status, worth, and authority, meaning all leadership roles in the church are open to women based on spiritual gifting rather than gender.
1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and
the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Look at this in context with the relationship between Christ and the Father. Jesus being subservient to the Father does not make him inferior does it? We do believe that the Father and the Son are co-equal and co-eternal.
Consider also the following:
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it (Eph 5:25). Are we not as men called to be the provider and protector of women in our lives? The feminist movement is fighting for women to rise to become CEOs and high-level executives but why are they not fighting for women to dig ditches, run plumbing, and clean out septic tanks? Men take on such tasks so their wives and daughters DO NOT HAVE TO! It is usually the man who gets up in the middle of the night to examine a strange sound (possible break-in, etc.), and the man typically (ought to) walk on the traffic side of a sidewalk in order to protect his woman from any car that may jump the curb or whatever. Men go out to fight wars and find purpose in it knowing that it is those at home waiting for him that he is fighting for! I could go on and on here.
I agree that preaching does not necessarily require one to stand behind a pulpit. Have you not heard the term "called to preach.
I am a Baptist and have been hearing this throughout the 40+ years that I have been a Baptist. At one time I believed I was "Called to Preach" but perhaps this was also out of peer pressure as it seemed that all of my other buddies at the time were being "Called to Preach?" Over the years, I have grown rather contemptuous of this phrase as it was often presented to me that the "Call to vocational (full-time) ministry is the highest possible calling one could have" and I now see how such can be misleading and quite hurtful! It may very well be the highest possible calling for the individual that God has specifically called, equipped, gifted, and enabled but if God has called you to another vocation, this does not make you a 2nd tier Christian or someone who failed to achieve the standard or whatever! It simply means that your gifting and calling is elsewhere and what God has specifically called you to is, in fact, the highest possible calling one may aspire to!
What I tell young men these days is to go out and learn a trade, get some real experience in the world applying this trade, and strive to be the man that Paul describes in 1 Tim 3 and Tit 1! Such speaks of one who has a proven track record and not merely some wet behind the ears kid fresh out of Bible College with a newlywed wife who simply hasn't yet had opportunity to make mistakes and potentially screw up his life!
We are called to various means of service and if that happens to be to preach they we can say they were called to preach.
Yes I know that is what you believe and I believe that if God has called a woman to preach in that capacity then that is where she should be.
God will not call you to serve in a position which violates the very scriptures he has inspired.
You read the text so that it says one thing and I read it and it says another. We both say scripture backs up our position so we will just have to disagree.
Tell you what, show me one female preacher who is conservative and orthodox in her doctrine! Perhaps he is out there and if she is, I would say she is the exception to the rule. Most women preachers I see are quite heretical and often a member of the "alphabet" crowd! Not trying to be offensive here, just stating a fact. A woman who is faithful and obedient to God will follow him and obey his word!
I am open to the possibility of women teaching certain Seminary courses and I also believe that women chaplains are a valuable resource in a woman's prison. I'm sure there are many other opportunities for service that would not violate the scriptures.