1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Charles Stanley

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not sarcasm one bit. The man puts me to sleep. Every time I see him or listen to him. So I appreciate his ability to help me fight insomnia. His son Andy makes my blood boil since he is a heretic.

Sarcasm would look like "Wow! Charles Stanley preached a 10 minute sermon and yelled so loud, it shook the rafters and he never once said NOW LISTEN. After hearing him, I won't be able to sleep for six or seven days." That would be sarcasm

#61 Jkdbuck76, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your opinion - what doctrine (s) makes Andy a heretic?

3. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

#63 Jkdbuck76, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  4. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Pardon my ignorance, but could someone explain to me in simple terms what is meant by "Millennial Exclusionism"?

Not ever having come across this term before, I have no idea as to what "Millennial Exclusionism" is.

Is it some relatively new corollary to some aspect of who's excluded from the Millennial kingdom of God, or has this concept/interpretation been around for some time?

The only really good one volume resource I have on hand is J. Dwight Pentecost's almost 600 page Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology [(c) 1958 by Zondervan]. I looked through the part in which he characterizes those who will enter the Millennial Kingdom, but all he really seems to say is that it's restricted to those whom God says are holy and obedient. Thus, I conclude that those God considers to be either unholy, disobedient are "excluded" from the Millennial Kingdom.

That's a pretty broad brush description to me, so I'm obviously missing something when it comes down to exactly what "Millennial Exclusionists" precisely mean.

What am I missing about these "Millennial Exclusionists"?

5. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's exactly what I was explaining when the good RevMitchell cast an accusation against me.

Basically, Dallas Seminary Eschatology. PreTrib, PreMillennial, and Hodges' Free Grace Soteriology. I have Dillow's "Reign of the Servant Kings"

The beginnings of the "Exclusion" was simply highliting the promise of rewards, inheritance, Wedding Feast, Millennial Reign of Christ, et al. It was taught as an exclusion from blessings for unfaithful believers.

Then sometime around 15 years ago, there was a push to make better sense of "age life" and gnashing of teeth, with many believing these could apply to unfaithful believers too - while retaining Eternal Security for all believers.

I'm not sure if it's an element of Progressive Dispensationalism, but apparently the "Exclusion" morphed into a Purgatory type of punishment for the wicked slave (a believer)

I ran into a Dallas grad in 2001 who was a Universalist, and believed everyone would go to hell first, then everyone would go to heaven.

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A single Dallas Theology Sem. grad does not make the whole ME.

Certainly, because it is a seminary, the topic is no doubt explored and perhaps debated.

However, I have not found proof of the claim that DTS embraces ME.

Here is the Doctrinal statement of the school.

It is clearly NOT ME.

7. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DTS - statement on eternal state of all believers. Shows that they are NOT ME.

Article XXI—The Eternal State

We believe that at death the spirits and souls of those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation pass immediately into His presence and there remain in conscious bliss until the resurrection of the glorified body when Christ comes for His own, whereupon soul and body reunited shall be associated with Him forever in glory; but the spirits and souls of the unbelieving remain after death conscious of condemnation and in misery until the final judgment of the great white throne at the close of the millennium, when soul and body reunited shall be cast into the lake of fire, not to be annihilated, but to be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power (Luke 16:19–26; 23:42; 2 Cor. 5:8; Phil. 1:23; 2 Thess. 1:7–9; Jude 6–7; Rev. 20:11–15).

8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now listen, let me show you something. This post here is an example of how one could contrast the difference---listen---the difference between sincerity and sarcasm. Look here--listen now--sincerity is helpful, but, now listen to me, sarcasm also has its place.

I'm only joking, though. I actually really like Charles Stanley. He's one of my favorite preachers, but he does use a lot of interjections, particularly "listen," whenever he preaches.

9. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right you are. I was just giving input from my perspective as a former devotee of everything DTS. The Universalist piece was inserted as food for thought

10. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

Srsly, Stanley is trying to keep ppl awake AND combat ---listen-- adult onset ADHD.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

11. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do have ADHD, so maybe that's why I like Charles Stanley!

12. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

I've been listening to him quite a bit lately. He was friends with Leonard Ravenhill and David Wilkerson. All men that have had and continue to have a massive impact on my walk with God.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. He's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

• Like Like x 1