1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Conditional election.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 37818, Aug 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We become one of God's elect when we are in the elect one. But you calvinists seem to think that all sinners are part of the elect as you think you are elect before you are forgiven. The bible differs from your failed theology.

Calvinists have ignored clear scripture. Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. We hear the gospel, we believe the gospel then we are saved. It really is not that complicated if you will just trust scripture. Ephesians 1:13-14

Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:13 For "WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED."
    Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

These things happen in time which speaks volumes against your theology, you just refuse to see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may call it what you will, yet its the truth !

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    silverhair

Thats true, which occurred before the foundation of the world.

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You thing the bible does not make any sense, no wonder you have such a flawed theology. It is just your arrogance that would allow you to say such a thing.

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    silverhair

I never heard of this. First of all, all sinners are not of Gods elect, only some are, a remnant of mankind.
    I dont ignore it, in fact its about the elect, the Gospel comes to them only in the power of the Spirit converting them. 1 Thess 1:4-5
    4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Notice Paul is speaking to the elect !

Again this is about the elect Eph 1:4 they hear it spiritually and believe, because they had been regenerated in order to hear it spiritually.

All this refers to the regenerate elect which the Gospel comes to them in Power Rom 1:16

6. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have just proven what I have said a number of times, calvinists do not understand context. You pull verses out of the bible that you think support your view when in fact they do not but you will ignore clear text that does not fit your failed theology. So the verse you quoted could be used for calvinists and would fit quite well if you add the following one. Mat 23:24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

7. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think your statement doesnt make sense, the bible isnt typing your post !

8. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im not here to prove anything to you, but to witness the truth, God must give you understanding.

Yet the natural man from creation in Adam is bound to the Law !

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not understand why you are unable to hear we for ourselves realize being God's elect in the time of our understanding of our being saved. Ephesians 2:8, 2 Peter 1:5-10.

10. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you forget this verse Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, I hope not.

So did God elect sinners or does He elect those that have trusted in His son. Context BF context, you have to remember context.

1Th 1:1 Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    The Thessalonians' Faith and Example
    1Th 1:2 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers,
    1Th 1:3 remembering without ceasing your work of faith, labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ in the sight of our God and Father,
    1Th 1:4 knowing, beloved brethren, your election by God.
    1Th 1:5 For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance, as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake.
    1Th 1:6 And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit,
    1Th 1:7 so that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe.

BF the person has to hear the message before they can believe the message. Is that such a hard concept for you to grasp. You have to ignore or read into scripture in order to make it fit your theology.

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot help what seems to be your unbelief.
    No. Just in God's choosing.

12. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait! So you are merely making a distinction between God's election of us before the foundation of the world and our experience of election in our lifetime? Is that it? Are you equating election with humans and choosing with God? Are you saying that God chose you before the foundation of the world and you elected God at salvation?

Honestly, you are making no sense. I can only fathom that you are attempting to view this from a man-centered point of view.

13. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then your witness is false, you do not hold to clear scripture but rather twist it to fit your theology.
    How you can ignore the text of the bible and say you are here to witness to the truth of the bible is laughable. You remind me of the Pharisees, you read the text and miss what it says because your looking for something else.

Remember context matters. You can not just pull words out of the bible willy-nilly and use them to support your view. By your method one could show there is no God. BF your method of proof texting just proves that you do not in fact trust scripture but rather trust yourself.

14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your question is to the answer I had already given to the question. It would seem you are incapable of even hearing my point view. It makes it impossible so you could not even possibly explain why my view is wrong.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I do not believe the election is done before the foundation of the world. Only God's choosing which precedes the election.

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. This is a point we disagree on. Merely repeating what is not true does not make it so.

17. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I studied the Greek. The Bible wasn't written in English, surely you know that?

18. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, so what is election and what has God chosen in your view???

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    oh brother

20. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact you studied the Greek should have helped you but it does not seem to have done so. When you continue to ignore context it just leads to you a misunderstanding of the text.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.