1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Three days and three nights

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rstrats, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vooks

vooks Active Member

How many days are covered in the phrase 'three days and three nights'?
    (a) Three days
    (b) Four days
    (c) I don't know

Sorry, I meant he died on Friday evening

2. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: "How many days are covered in the phrase 'three days and three nights'?

There are at least parts of 3 calendar days and at least parts of 3 daytimes. What is your point?

3. vooks

vooks Active Member

Scriptures have NOTHING like 'parts of calendar days' nor 'parts of daytimes', only days,weeks,months, years....

So once again, how many biblical days do you have in a duration of 'three days and three nights'?
    (a) Three Days
    (b) Four Days
    (c) I don't know

#243 vooks, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  4. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has anyone introduce the other variable of a special sabbath? What if the special sabbath day that was coming was not a Saturday?

Leviticus 23:24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.....
    27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord. 28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God. 29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people. 30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people. 31 Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. 32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

Since the Jewish calender is different, but yet still maintaining the seven day week, what if the sabbath day that was coming was not the seventh day of rest sabbath day from which we count the three days and three nights with?

5. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: "So once again, how many biblical days do you have in a duration of 'three days and three nights'?"

If you had three daytimes and three night times involved, there would have to be three Biblical days involved. But again, I don't see your point with regard to my request in post #237/240.

6. vooks

vooks Active Member

How can you see my point if you are too busy ignoring my question and answering yours?

Here is the question once again;
    How many days are there in the duration reckoned in the scriptures as 'three days and three nights'?
    (a) Three Days
    (b) Two Days
    (c) I don't know

7. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: "How can you see my point if you are too busy ignoring my question?"

There must be something wrong with your computer because I've said twice that 3 days would be involved.

8. vooks

vooks Active Member

Do you mean that 'three days and three nights' = three biblical days?

9. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: "Do you mean that 'three days and three nights' = three biblical days?"

As a generalization, yes. And I still don't see your point with regard to the my request in post #237/240.

10. vooks

vooks Active Member

What do you mean by 'as a generalization'?

This is a simple yes/no question
    Do you mean 'three days and three nights' duration = three biblical days?

11. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: "What do you mean by 'as a generalization'?"

Generalization: That 3 Biblical days would be involved, but not necessarily 12 hours for each of them. Now I ask for the 4th time - what does this have to do with my request?

12. vooks

vooks Active Member

Supposing you reckoned 'three days and three nights or three biblical days from Sunday afternoon 1500H. When would this period end? What day of the week would you finish?

in other words;
    If you embarked on a THREE-day activity on Sunday when would you finish?

#252 vooks, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  13. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: "Supposing you reckoned 'three days and three nights or three biblical days from Sunday afternoon 1500H. When would this period end? What day of the week would you finish?"

Three daytimes and three night times from Sunday afternoon (including Sunday afternoon) would put you during the night time of Wednesday. Now I ask for the 5th time - what does this have to do with my request?

14. vooks

vooks Active Member

A 3-day activity starting on Sunday ends on Wednesday? LaughLaugh
    What about if you were to embark on a 4-day,5-day and 6-day activity on Sunday?

Which days of the week would you complete it? Thursday,Friday and Saturday respectively?

#254 vooks, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  15. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: "A 3-day activity starting on Sunday ends on Wednesday?"

That would be incorrect.

Now I ask again for the 6th time, what does this have to do with my request? And I'm not going to answer anymore of your questions until you answer mine.

16. vooks

vooks Active Member

Why are you inconsistent? Your question's answer lies in your answer but you have deliberately stalled and invented your own questions. It is well if the truth scares you, you won't be the first to cry to the mountains to hide you from the Word.

I asked when a 3-day activity commencing on Sunday would end and you gave Wednesday but now you are denying that.

So, for the umpteenth time, which day of the week would a 3-day activity commencing on Sunday end?
    (b) Tuesday
    (c) Wednesday
    (c) Thursday
    (d) I don't know

17. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: your post #256. When I said that I wasn't going to answer anymore of your questions until you answered mine, I meant it. What does any of what you have been posting have to do with providing examples which show a daytime and/or a night time being forecast for an event when no part of the daytime and/or no part of the night time could have occurred?

#257 rstrats, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Re:
    "~what if the sabbath day that was coming was not the seventh day of rest sabbath day from which we count the three days and three nights with?~" --- "~...from which we count the three days and three nights with?~"

Just who, is your "~we~", the "~we~" who "~count the three days and three nights ... from ... the seventh day of rest sabbath day~"?

That's you, Hark; no Scripture.

19. vooks

vooks Active Member

;);)

The answer is simple;
    Three phrases capture the duration of Jesus' death;
    (a) Three days
    (b) Third day
    (c) Three days and three nights

I wish to submit to you that all these three are interchangeable, and refer to the same duration. To understand the duration of our Lord's death which is the crux of your post, all we need is to accurately measure the duration of any of these phrases. If our measurements of say (a) and (b) give different values, then we are wrong.

Do you agree with this or are you of different opinion?

If you do,
    (a) please tell me which day of the week a 3-day activity commencing on Sunday would terminate.

(b) please tell me which day of the week a 6-day activity commencing on Sunday would terminate.

If you don't agree that the phrases capture the exact same duration,
    (a) Kindly explain why they are all used to indicate the duration of our Lord's death

(b) Kindly give me the exact duration captured by each of the phrases say in terms of ~hours

#259 vooks, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

How wrong you are after all these discussions about "~the crux~" of my "~understand(ing) the duration of our Lord's death~" : AGAIN!

I do not say or believe and never argued “~the duration of our Lord's death~” was “~(a) Three days~”,

or,

“~(b) Third day~”,

or,

“~(c) Three days and three nights~”

Jesus died “the ninth hour”—3 p.m. “on the first day they always had to kill the passover”; was buried “That Day (which) was The Preparation” from “when it had become evening” : “the first night” : “solemnly to be observed” but never observed because of Jesus’ death “That Night” in which Joseph had undertaken “to bury the body of Jesus to the Jews’ ethics-Law” the books of Moses on the Passover of Yahweh, to, or, until, “That Day had been The Preparation and the Sabbath was nearing mid-afternoon”; and rose from the dead “Late on the Sabbath as the First Day of the week was beginning to dawn in the mid-afternoon daylight on Sabbath Day inclining towards the First Day of the week”—3 p.m.. Which gives Jesus in dead status exactly 2 x 24 hours = 48 hours over three days within which He was crucified and died on the first day; was buried on the middle, second day; and rose on the third and last of the “three days” of the God-given and therefore eschatological imperative WHOLE AND WHOLENESS of the “three days and three nights” of these “three days”, “on the third day” of which “CHRIST ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES ROSE FROM THE DEAD”.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.