1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When did John the Baptist Get saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salamander, May 8, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Abraham was a type and figure of God in this Scripture.

Luke, chapter 16
    "25": But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

If you have a problem with the Scriptures take it up with God and quit accusing me, for it is His Scriptures not mine.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You do make a mockery of God's word. I will pray for you. I would give you Scripture of the lost souls but you just make a mockery of it. God help the people who hear such doctrine and never get to hear the truth for the blind lead the blind and they both fall in the ditch. I have yet to hear you say something senseable and in compliance with the Scriptures.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

John, chapter 5
    "25": Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

"26": For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

"27": And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

"28": Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

"29": And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

All those Scriptures were written AFTER Pentecost. Learn something:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Jhn 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Jhn 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Jhn 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Jhn 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Jhn 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Jhn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jhn 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you

Seems you're wrong.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You think Paul come preaching another Gospel. You do err and should be the one to learn something. I have the urge to exchange remarks with you but will restrain myself.

When do you think any of them received the Holy Ghost inwardly. You do err bad. Where did you learn such stuff.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I haven't "accused" you of anything, and I cannot say that you haven't accused me.

I know whom Jesus referred to "Father Abraham" as.

Now, if you really want to excercise your Bible knowledge, tell me why the rich man could see Lazarus, but Lazarus couldn't see the rich man?

And then tell me whether or not Lazarus had the Holy Ghost?

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You do make a mockery of God's word. I will pray for you. I would give you Scripture of the lost souls but you just make a mockery of it. God help the people who hear such doctrine and never get to hear the truth for the blind lead the blind and they both fall in the ditch. I have yet to hear you say something senseable and in compliance with the Scriptures. </font>[/QUOTE]**Insulting remark removed**

In full compliance with Scripture, for the soul to spend eternity in hell and then be called up to the Great White Throne and spend the rest of eternity in the Lake of Fire, that LOST souls has to have an eternal body containing an eternal spirit and an eternal soul or it woul;d be inihilated.

I make no mockery of any of God's Word. If anything, you are become a false witness to try and convince anyone I have.

[ May 18, 2006, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

8. Salamander

Salamander New Member

A-men!!! Now I want you to expound the Scriptures you just copied and pasted.

If you really want to make this a Bible competition?

Seems you're talking about the Ressurrection of the dead going to the Great White Throne and the Ressurrection of those at the Rapture. Are you?

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If Lazarus had Jesus he had God and the Holy Ghost for these three are one and if you would read the Scriptures you could learn that. Now glad you do agree who Father Abraham is and if the beggar was in His bosom then he was in Heaven for that is where God is and the angels carried him there. So, what is your problem with the angels carrying God's children home now when they die to rest until the resurrecion when he will raise the bodies as a Spiritual body as the Scripture says.

Why could the rich man see Lazarus; ***edit***it was part of his punishment and why could Lazarus not see him, ***edit***but if Lazarus could see him then he would not be comforted and also he was at rest.

The gulf between them I believe to be the rich man's sin but that is only my thought on that for I cannot prove it by Scripture.

You haven't accused me of anything with all the references to study the Scripture and I might learn something. That sir is a slur compaign again me.

[ May 18, 2006, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: blackbird ]

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I can't find the word Rapture in the Bible perhaps you could point it out?

I don't need you slurs about spelling either.

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

You seem to think you know what I think, you're bearing a false witness when you do that.

I've got something really profound for you, the Holy Ghost wasn't given until He was given.

The Spirit of God visited men. The Spirit of God filled men, but until the Holy Ghost was given, He didn't indwell any man. Now if you want to say that Jesus was indwelt as a man, that would be OK, but then you must remember, Jesus was filled with the Holy Ghost and IS the Holy Ghost at the same time. ;)

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If you contend the souls in Hell are going to Heaven then you are a false witness of God's word.

13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

OK, it is spelled, "Come up hither"

You started the condescending, I just held you to the fire, you don't mind do you?

It may be that you should find where the English word "rapture" gets it definition? I advise you to.

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Why they most certainly are! Just where do you think the Great White Throne is????????????

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Luke, chapter 1
    "15": For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb

You do err again, not knowing the Scriptures.

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have never seen where Rapture is spelled "come up hither". Could you point me to a dictionary that says that or a Scripture.

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Can you give me a Scripture where the souls in Hell are going to be in Heaven?

Revelation, chapter 20
    13": And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

"14": And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

"15": And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

18. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Wait a minute, now how could he have Jesus, be in Abraham's Bosom, and Jesus be telling us about it at the same time?
    Are you reallt trying to tell me that Paradise is Heaven is in the innermost parts of the Earth?
    I don't have a problem with that belief, you do, I know it is the Holy Ghost that delivers the soul to heavn, not Paradise anymore, and that the angels are not to be voluntarilly worshipped as you do.

I'll agree wholeheartedly with you on that, but add this: If Lazarus could have seen the richman in torments, then Lazarus would have had such compassion to beg Father Abraham to let him cross the great gulf fixed by the LORD between them to relieve the rich man, but then you must remember that Paradise could not be Paradise with any rememberence of the former life to cause sorrow or pain.

Then why believe it? I belive it to be nothing more than an empty spance between the two just as God said it is.

I make no campaign against you, Brother, I am trying to educate you in the Scripture. It's called edification, a building up of those who are in need of further knowledge in the spiritual matters concerning our faith.

I know why you believ ewhat you do, you have been taught that. I had been taught that. But as I read the Scriptures, I find that what you have said about JtB is in error. I find that what you believe about Paradise being Heaven is also error.

Remember the words of the Lord, "My people persih for a lack of knowledge"

19. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Ok, but you asked me that question, I'm just glad you read the Scripture that tells you where the Great White Throne is, IN HEAVEN!

20. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Being filled is not indwelt. Being filled is not salvation.

You "know" something about the Scriptures that isn't there to be known.