1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will the Jews build a new temple in Jerusalem?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Nov 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus told them to leave when they saw the abomination of desolation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    no sir. I'm not looking for symbols in this context.

I'll throw ya a bone ... after reviewing the stars, which are to be used for sign and for season, on 23 Sep 17 ... I find that the symbol in that celestial presentation to be compelling. It's only happened one other time ... about 5995 years ago, now. Rev 12:1-2

3. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    so what AOD was present PRIOR to 70AD?

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you look at the news, and then chop up scripture to fit it? That is what Hal Lindsey did and made millions.

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    In 161 BC Antiochus Epiphanes slaughtered a pig on the altar in the temple. He then became the symbol Jesus used to describe the animal sacrifices in the temple that continued after He abolished the practice with the sacrifice of himself on the cross.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    the news?

No. the celestial bodies as God created, placed 'em, and set 'em in motion, then told us to use them for sign and for season. Not to worship ... to use in knowing what's happening. Turns out, NASA's stellerium program validates this very thing. Are you familiar with this event or not? It's actually an amazing manifestation for those with eyes to see.

7. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    and this told the 1 gen church members to vacate Jerusalem by the year we now know as 70AD?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are trying to fit prophecy to current events and forecast the future. This results in a false prophecy.

9. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    so the maji did this ... fitting current events? Or what? I think you're beaming off now into generic "I disagree"

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a far cry from the Magi.

11. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    alright ... you won't directly answer.

23 Sep 17 ... we had a once in 6000 year presentation of precisely what John said he saw.

the "players" are the constellation Virgo, Leo, Mercury, Mars, Venus, the sun, the moon ... and JUPITER.

I believe this marked the final decade ... for those who'd occupy til He comes, but LOOK UP when you "see these things."

@1689Dave

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are imposing this on scripture which is symbolic in Revelation. You are missing what the symbols represent.

13. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm just reading and applying, Dave. Never claimed to be Maji ... only to be doing what they were doing in their time. Being obedient to revelation. Doesn't make me anything but a follower of Jesus Christ. So ... perhaps consider that, brother.

14. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm noting that this sign for the season hasn't been replicated in 6000 years. Verified scientifcally ... prophesied by Jesus as John had written.

That's it. Receive/reject.

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you are making a common mistake. Trying to interpret Revelation literally when it is meant to be interpreted symbolically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's forcing words into scripture John did not write. = big trouble

17. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    so what does Rev 12:1-2 symbolically mean?

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.” Revelation 12:1–2 (KJV 1900)
    How do you get anything but symbolism from this?

12:1–2 The woman’s description as a great sign in heaven and her clothing with sun, moon, and twelve stars show that she symbolizes Israel (cf. Joseph’s dream, Gen. 37:9
    Crossway Bibles. (2008). The ESV Study Bible (p. 2479). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.

19. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    that it was precisely replicated by the very created things we were told to use for sign and for season ... and this one hasn't been since mankind existed.

OH ... on the 70 AD question ... I missed how the antioch pig abomination told the first generation church to vacate Jerusalem by the year 70AD.

Wanna know how?

The Hebrew language has numerical association for every one of its letters. Can't prove it by me, but that's what I understand from those who are proficient in Hebrew ... not just "Hebrewese."

Well, I'll be dipped if Jesus' statement, "not a stone here will be left unturned" in Hebrew doesn't sum to ... 40.

While it may be a bit cryptic to us, it was right in the wheel house of those people during that time. IDK how much time passed before it became clear Jesus wasn't only predicting WHAT would happen to that structure ... but WHEN.

None means none, right? NO follower of Jesus was killed during the siege on Jerusalem by Titus.

There are many examples of type/shadow ... there are many examples of symbolism (parables/visions) ... and there are some literal things occurring.

Was it symbolic Jesus rode the donkey into Jerusalem? Or did He really ride a donkey into Jerusalem?

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus spoke face to face with those who were going to crucify Him.
    He told them they would see Him coming in judgment....before they would die.They did

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.