1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Women pastors

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ntchristian, Feb 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there certainly are a lot of men who act like children so she could preach to them... :Whistling

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apologies, I thought you made a joke. I have removed m “funny” icon, though it looks like someone else thought it was funny, too.

peace to you

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please explain, using the Greek, how it could be interpreted as “I do not presently, at this time, allow women to preach.”

I simply find it hard to believe Paul would make the statement like that, and then give his reasoning as based on the creation and the fall.

Would the creation and the fall somehow change if women became educated?

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you !
    I use that example - as a reason that a female should not be a pastor
    In addition - I refuse to use the word "gay" for a h0mose/al - as "gay' means happy.

I will not allow political correctness to take over our language.
    Same reason, why I tell people that I am pro-choice -
    I believe that ONLY the child should have the right to choose abortion.

I want people to fully think about these issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Political correctness is tyranny of thought. The Marxist idea was to get people to self censor for fear of being denounced.
    Once they get you to use their terms, they win. It’s an evil demonic strategy that takes place under their noses.

One dude asked me how they think up this stuff. I told him flat out it’s demonic.

For example Critical theory, to criticise as a weapon, is just rebadged accusation like Satan the accuser. So they are using satanic weapons.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For instance, as in a time of war, when men at home are scarce. Calvin isn't advocating an acquiescence to the spirit of any age, but to the "circumstances" thereof. Feminism is not a natural or valid custom or institution of any country.

The first pastor of memory for me was a woman. She started a Sunday school during WWII, and was still pastoring by consent of the elders (all male) some twenty five years after the war ended and the men returned. My grandmother started attending with my dad and uncle when my Grandfather was fighting in Europe, and was saved there. The woman pastored till her death in the early 70s.

#26 Aaron, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. The words of God recorded by Paul are the basis of my beliefs. As with the rest of Scripture.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Austin I hate to break it to you like this but when Dad was working, Lord have mercy!... Could my Mother preach!... That was her calling, raising four, three sons and one daughter... In a Christian home!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. 5 point Gillinist

Faith:
    Baptist
    Respectfully, Paul goes into created order in 1 Tim 2:13-15, citing Eve as being deceived. She was deceived because Adam was given God's word and was to instruct her, instead he followed her lead (willfully and knowingly violating God's word) because he allowed her to usurp his God-given role as the leader. If this was a moratorium then created order would not have been cited, nor the consequences of Eve's being deceived.

In chp 3:4-5 Paul states that one of the many qualifications is that he must manage his household well, in V. 3 he must be a one-woman man, etc. these are all gender-specific roles of the man.

This isn't a matter of women being educated, but a matter of obedience. Unfortunately (as in many other areas) the church has allowed secular think to shape its view.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Duckie

Duckie Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 11:3 shows an order of headship put in place by God.

1 Peter 3 shows the beauty shown by Sarah through her humility and obedience.

"Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear." (v.4-6)

I'd consider it more valuable to be seen as precious in God's sight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 11:3, 7-9

But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God...For a man indeed ought not to have his head covered, because he is the image and glory of God. But the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman, but the woman of the man. Nor was the man created for the woman, but the woman for the man"

1 Timothy 2:11-14

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I do not allow a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression

1 Timothy 3:1-2

This is a faithful saying: someone who seeks to be an overseer desires a good work. The overseer therefore must be without reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, sensible, modest, hospitable, good at teaching

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God ( τοῦ θεοῦ ἄνθρωπος masculine, with the article, MALE, not the generic use of ἄνθρωπος, which also includes woman) may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works

Titus 1:5-6

For this cause I left you in Crete, that you should set in order the things that are lacking and ordain elders (πρεσβυτέρους, masculine) in every city, as I had appointed you, if anyone is blameless, husband of one wife, having believing children, not accused of loose behavior, or disobedient

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see in the passage in 1 Peter, where it says anything about whether women can be "Pastors/Leaders"? It is talking about the relationship between the husband and wife in a marriage.

13. Duckie

Duckie Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, but because I agree with verses you posted are direct and to the point, but I have learned overtime everyone will either say the same thing or pick it apart.

So just offering a different perspective, the obedience to God's natural order, and with respect to that order on the woman's part tends to be submission.

Even if you aren't going to submit to a husband, you will still have to submit to God and be obedient to the Word.

That same quietness and character precious in the sight of God in 1 Peter 3, in my opinion, is not limited to married women. It may be addressing wives specifically, but it brings up the character of a Godly woman.

Many women will study to have the character of the Proverbs 31 woman to prepare them for marriage while praying for a husband, but few will look to the example of Sarah.

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."

Most of you seem to be men. Who of you would find a wife but go without bothering to acknowledge her character? The same example shown by Sarah should be built up in her first.

14. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1 tim.3:14-15 the word in the kjv lightest is the word MUST.
    How the must behave in the house of God.
    No gray area.
    The woman was utterly deceived...was in transgression.
    Nothing says Eve was uneducated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't rate it funny, but it is hilarious. It is very true, but hilarious in the way you said it.

16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know where you got that philosophy. Paul differentiated explicitly between teaching women, kids and pastoring.

17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul did not say now in my churches only. He could have easily said that, but he didn't. My Greek knowledge is poor. Did my best to avoid as much of it as I could. MacArthur breaks this passage down in Greek and says that the Greek Phrasing Paul used was plainly and concretely universal and eternal. He goes on to explain how Paul would have phrased it if it were local and temporary.

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just say I am anti-murder.

19. 5 point Gillinist

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's odd, I had you pegged as a PC thug.

20. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul is likely addressing an issue with a female cult in Ephesus where women were presented as the first creation. It was essentially a feminist cult. Since many of the persons in the church were once a part of that cult, Paul is correcting them. He reminds them of the issue at the fall where Adam failed to crush the serpents head while not intervening between the serpent and the woman.
    In context, his reason to not have them speak is a very practical, theological reason within Ephesus.

Remember my point:
    Women can, but men should.

1 Timothy 2:8-15

I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works. Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.