1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Women pastors

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ntchristian, Feb 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already addressed by me and you haven't shown how the greek is universal for all time, when in fact the tense gives allowance to be "I do not, presently, at this time, permit woman to teach." The problem with English is that it is not an exact language while greek is more specific. You have ignored this, even though I have presented it more than once.
    Honestly, your response seems quite Pharisaic.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe in the Spirit?

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but not honestly.

4. Duckie

Duckie Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

"Presently"

I am presently looking at all of the translations of 1 Timothy 2:12, and, I see no "presently"

What Does 1 Timothy 2:12 Mean? "But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness."

5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have you the link where MacArthur lays the case for Universality. No point in trying to re type what he so thoroughly dealt with.

6. ntchristian

ntchristian Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a lie, typical of "someone like you". You don't know anything about me; thus, your statement is highly presumptuous. It is a deflection and misrepresentation to fall back on the lie that those who favor women pastors are liberals. Some are, but as I have already referenced, Pentecostals accept women pastors, and they are as conservative or more so than fundamentalist Baptists and evangelicals.

Furthermore, don't presume my position on homosexuality or gay marriage. You did not know it when you wrote your trash.

7. 5 point Gillinist

5 point Gillinist Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said "similar," there is a difference bud. And yes, your's is an argument becoming of a liberal point of view, which doesn't actually deal honestly with the scripture, it simply uses "proof texts" in a lazy way - like what you did. Thankfully Scarlett corrected your strawman.

8. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What I posted is legitimate, even if you can't comprehend it, or mis-characterize it. And I'd like to see you confront a Pentecostal with a phony charge of liberalism. Laughable.

9. 5 point Gillinist

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, I did comprehend it, it was just a terrible argument that I have seen a million times. Why do you keep bringing up pentecostals? Is that supposed to give credence to your stance?

10. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Comprehension problems again? :) I bring up Pentecostals as proof that the issue is not a conservative vs liberal one, an argument I have seen a million times.

But I do not wish to fight, and I hold no ill will toward you.

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems you place Mac in a god like status on your mantle. Do you realize that Mac's dispensationalism is wrong? He is only human and he does not address the greek structure in 1 Timothy to acknowledge that English translations fail to clarify Paul's point.

Second, you still seem to ignore my position that men should, but women can.
    Truth is there are many, many God gifted women from which you can learn the truths of God. They can teach you. Yet, God has given men a role of shepherding and protecting the body. Elders guide the flock with gentleness, mercy, and grace. If they fail to do this, they should be removed from office. If men in a congregation cannot learn from women, then those men are prideful and arrogant in their spirit. You never see Jesus degrading women or refusing to truly listen to them. In fact, it is obvious that his mom was instrumental in his human growth as a man.

12. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture plainly says women can not. I place no faith in Mac, but he did build a Scriptural case I have not heard you refute.

14. 5 point Gillinist

Faith:
    Baptist
    Comprehension problems? Didn't I have to clarify that I said "similar" after your big ole' rant? Nor did I say typical of someone like you, nor did I say I presumed your position on sodomy. Nice try though :Thumbsup.

A very large portion of Pentecostals are wrong on many things - many of them primary issues in regards to salvation. Your citing them also isn't an argument in favor of your position that women are eligible for the office of pastor.

#134 5 point Gillinist, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  15. Campion

Campion Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes.

16. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your words: "It is a typical liberal non-argument..." and 'someone like you will say "do you wear a mixed garment, or eat shellfish?" '

I'll re-post what I originally wrote about Pentecostals and Baptists on this issue, since it seems necessary: "I wonder how Baptists feel about Pentecostals allowing women pastors/preachers. How do you know you are right and they are wrong? Baptists would probably say Pentecostals are wrong on this and spirit baptism/spiritual gifts -- in other words, that error accompanies error. But Pentecostals would say Baptists are also wrong on eternal security. So, how would an objective observer/seeker determine who is wrong on women pastors?"

17. 5 point Gillinist

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, my words. Where did I say you are a liberal, or that you affirm sodomy? Are you capable of pointing me to that, or just misrepresenting what I said? "someone like you" Someone who uses the same style of argumentation.

So Pentecostals affirming women pastors proves your point that women can be pastors, as per the title of the thread? Gotcha, so MacArthur isn't your authority, but what Pentecostals do is. Outstanding! :Roflmao. My authority, like I said initially, is the word of God, not Pentecostals, MacArthur, or feelings.

#137 5 point Gillinist, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  18. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, it's worse than I thought. Not only can you not comprehend what I'm saying, you cannot even comprehend what you're saying! And in your second paragraph, you twist my position. You are one confused individual.

My authority on this issue, as well as any others, is what I have been maintaining: the scriptures, interpreted in context.

I'll ask again: How is an objective seeker, looking at the opposite positions of conservative Christians -- whether Baptists, Pentecostals, or others -- to determine the truth on this matter? Both sides are certain that the other is in error, and they base that on their scriptural interpretations. This same question could be asked of any other doctrinal disagreements. To me, any interpretation that does not take context into account must be suspect. I have found that when context is considered, interpretations, including those of related or connected issues, is much more consistent and likely to be true. I have not found opponents of women pastors to be consistent in their interpretation of related/connected issues or the practice thereof. Therefore, it renders their interpretation of the main issue questionable, to say the least.

19. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For those here who are opposed to women pastors and who base your opposition on what Paul wrote: If you do not make your women wear a head covering, then you are choosing to follow Paul only in what you agree with. You are accepting his teachings in part. You are choosing what you agree with and discarding what you don't. That is no different from what conservatives charge liberals with doing.

I look for consistency in interpretation, and context. I don't see that with many conservative Baptists on this issue.

20. 5 point Gillinist

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes your misuse of Galatians 3:28, and the Corinthians references speak volumes of your passion for context. As to your fixation on the baptist vs. pentecostal thing, I suggest you start a new thread, as this is in no way relevant to your thread, nor does it in any way help your position. If one wants to know the truth, they'd be better served looking to the scripture for guidance, not denominations. Try and stay on topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.