1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1 John 5:10-11.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 37818, Oct 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When and what does Ephesians 1:4 tell us?

2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF you just keep proving that you can not read. Or more likely you just ignore what the bible says as it does not fit your false theology.

3. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have not understood what I have posted up to this time then you are beyond help.

ungodly.
    sinners,
    enemies
    for all

all men

BF you never seem to believe anything that I say so maybe you will believe what the bible says, but I doubt that you will. If the bible is not your authority, which seems to be the case for you BF, then you are lost.

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps because the bible says that it is those that believe who are saved by God. Romans 1:16, Ephesians 1:13, Romans 10:13. Why do you continue to deny scripture? Is the bible not your authority?

5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if one went by your logic then that would make you a universalist. or it would make God a moral monster.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone can come to know to have eternal life from God. 1 John 5:9-13, ". . . If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. . . ."

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    That calvinists will deny this clear teaching is a clear indication that the bible is not their authority. I have seen too many of them twist or outright deny scripture. They do not seem to understand that their view attacks the character of God. They have chosen to follow men like calvin, augustine, gill, piper etc., rather than God.

We were told this would happen and warned against such a practice. It seems all we can do is pray that light will shine into their lives so they repent and turn so as to trust the bible.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 5:9-13 has been for some time now, the Scripture reference I use in witnessing. That one can actually know God and know knowing one has eternal life. Also 1 John 5:1a is a favorate Scripture referference. One cannot correctly know what it means to believe what it means to believe in Christ and not having been born from God. That is big deal.

9. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those verses cut right to the heart of the gospel message.

10. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you declare that God chose you and caused you to be born again?

It's not a difficult answer. Either yes or no will suffice.

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    So no one needs to be born again since people can just " come to know. Is that your declaration?

I note you completely ignore all the verses before and after that talk about being born again. Why is that, 37?

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What part of 1 John 5:9-13 do you not understand? I know God and have eternal life. I believe in God's Christ.

My answer is Ephesians 1:4.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

Do you deny the following?

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still won't answer the question:

15. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are born again because we believe in His son just as the bible tells us. It is your strange theology that has it all mixed up.

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not on the false way you seem to believe. The denial of the redemption where Christ paid for the sins of everyone is a damnable error.

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You still won't answer the question.

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did answer, more than once. And you refused them.

19. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    37 this is how you answer Austin.
    God chooses those for salvation that have trusted in His son. If you do not freely trust in His son then God does not choose you for salvation. Now understanding that, we would have to conclude that since man cannot save himself and that God only saves those that trust in His son then God by His grace causes us to be saved because we beleive. Just like so many verses in the bible tell us
    Ephesians 1:13 "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,..."
    Romans 10:9-10
    "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
    For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
    Ephesians 2:8
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,..."

But this is not what a calvinist believes as scripture is not their authority.

20. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, you have not answered. You have danced around the question. In so doing I take your answer to be "No" to this question:

I perceive your answer is "No."
    You will not declare that God chose you, but you do believe you have been born again...after you asked God to do so.

Therefore you are the commander of God and he does your bidding.

So, no, you never answered the question at all, but you have danced around it to avoid giving God the glory for having chose you even while you were wretched in your sins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.