1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For Catholics Only ...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by alexander284, Apr 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, just check the news on the link by Pope Francis between the pandemic and global warming. This guy is a Peronist, which means a fascist in Argentina modelled after Mussolini. If you don't believe that, read up on Argentine history. If you like Pope Francis, consider yourself a liberal Catholic.

The issue with Luther was that he said that there was no Salvation outside of the church and Calvin, too, according to your quotations but it has not been established if those two considered Catholicism as Christian or not so the quotations that you used prove nothing at this point in your attempt to say that Protestants say the same things that you do when you say that there is no Salvation outside the walls of the Catholic Church, which you have been saying for a thousand years as far as I know and maybe longer.

No, we do not recognize that the Pope is the leader of all Christians but that he merely claimed that for himself. Where do you get that idea?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you consider Catholics to be Christians?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

John 14

15“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

Folks hate that gospel as they do Jesus.

Anti Christs even during their time try to dissuade people from teaching of Jesus.

2 John 1

6And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it. 7For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8Watch yourselves, that you do not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward. 9Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

Satan's #1 objective is to get rid of Love from the gospel. Because GOD is LOVE.

1 John 4

7Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

Satan worshipers can't stand the command of God.

• Like Like x 1
  4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, since this is Maundy Thursday:

John 13:34 (KJV) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

• Like Like x 1
  5. utilyan

Site Supporter

I believe there is no salvation outside the Catholic church. What that MEANS however is far different then folks who worship a "SPIRITUAL HITLER VOLCANO ANGRY CHIMP" version of GOD.

The Church is inclusive. Heaven is CATHOLIC. Jesus Christ is Catholic, God is Catholic.

Everyone who is dead....is a catholic now for sure.

Plenty folks here are indoctrinated to take the most vilifying attitude of all other religions and denominations and to present them in the worst light possible.

I remember doing BAPTIST bible studies like Thursday nights past and the transparent overhead projector going over EVERY CONSPIRACY THEORY it could gather of any other faith/religion/denomination. If Jews had a star oh look its a pentagram now. Buddhas worship a demon, Muslims a pagan moon goddess.
    The whole thing clearly cult-like to brainwash and indoctrinate groundless hatred and intolerance to anything not like yourself.

I never heard a presentation of like a better alternative of what a person believes here. No the entire faith banks on accusation of someone else with nothing better to show for it.

6. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the Sixth Session (around page 45)

... like I said to someone else, councils like the word anathema.

7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, but my question is do you think that everyone goes to Heaven, even other religions? Muslims, for example, have another paradise that resembles a brothel where the husband gets all these women but I don't know what Muhammad thought that women would do in paradise. I don't think that Buddhists believe in Heaven.

More importantly, some people love Satan and want to be in Hell with him so if God is love, how could God force someone to go to Heaven who wanted to go to Hell?

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Yeah, but my question is do you think that everyone goes to Heaven, even other religions?"
    Its possible. The good Samaritan is a Good Samaritan. Not a Good Christian not a Damned Samaritan.

"More importantly, some people love Satan and want to be in Hell with him so if God is love, how could God force someone to go to Heaven who wanted to go to Hell?"

Hell is locked from the inside.

"I don't think that Buddhists believe in Heaven."

Good buddhist don't believe in anything. Know God vs Believe God kinda thing

9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We come to this forum to refute charge after charge from you folks. We do not lay baseless accusations against you, that is what you people do to us and our faith tradition. You accuse and we respond - it's that simple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Walpole

Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just re-read the Sixth Session and it does not curse Protestants to hell anywhere in it. In fact, I searched the entire document and the only place the word "hell" appears in the Sixth Session is an anathema on anyone who claims that the fear of hell is itself a sin.

CANON VIII. ---> If any one saith, that the fear of hell, whereby, by grieving for our sins, we flee unto the mercy of God, or refrain from sinning, is a sin, or makes sinners worse; let him be anathema.

---> http://www.documentacatholicaomnia....ilium_Tridentinum,_Canons_And_Decrees,_EN.pdf

Like I said to someone else, councils also like the word "the".

You are making a logical fallacy (false equivalence). Once again, an anathema is an excommunication, not a condemnation to hell.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pope Francis is way off base on this and yes I agree he is a leftist. Being a conservative, his two predecessors were more to my liking.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, I did a Google search and I see lots of articles with sensationalist headlines such as...

"Pope Francis: Coronavirus pandemic could be nature's response to climate crisis" ---> Pope Francis: Coronavirus pandemic could be nature's response to climate crisis - CNN

"Pope says coronavirus outbreak may be one of 'nature's responses' to climate change" ---> Pope says coronavirus outbreak may be one of 'nature's responses' to climate change

Pope says coronavirus could be ‘nature’s response’ to climate change

The problem with these sensationalist headlines is they never quote the pope stating that. Do you have a link to him making such a statement?

Naturally they considered their own sects "the Church". In reality it demonstrates the illogicalness of the belief in a strictly pneumatological church of believers of different and contradictory creeds.

You do, implicitly. After all, what exactly are Protestants protesting? Paradoxically, it is the Catholic Church with her pope which actually unites Protestantism. The only thing that truly unites the multitudes of Protestant sects is their protest of the Church and their belief that the Catholic Church is not Christ's Church. In other words, the very essence of Protestantism today is still defined by the unity of the Catholic Church and their protest of it.

It is a beautiful expression of how the Church's unity projects even unto her adversaries.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me try one more time - According to Catholic doctrine: What must a person do to ensure they are going to Heaven

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. utilyan

Site Supporter

Priority Is Love God and Love Neighbor. No commandment about saving your own skin.

Jesus Christ answers PERFECTLY.

Luke 10
    25And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 28And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.”

Here's a novel idea. Jesus has the best answer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect you are splitting a semantic hair, but just for the sake of clarity ... theologically speaking, what is the consequence of being excommunicated?

Is there any consequence to being cut off from the “Body of Christ”?
    Is there any consequence to being denied all of the sacraments?

I was led to understand that Catholic theology does not view things like “communion” (the bread and wine) as merely symbolic ... like Baptists do ... so taking or not taking the sacrament probably has more significance than a Baptist ritual of remembrance. Here is an opportunity for you to correct my misunderstanding.

• Like Like x 1
  16. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    Formula for Anathema by Pope Zachary:

"Wherefore in the name of God the All-powerful, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, of the Blessed Peter, Prince of the Apostles, and of all the saints, in virtue of the power which has been given us of binding and loosing in Heaven and on earth, we deprive N-- himself and all his accomplices and all his abettors of the Communion of the Body and Blood of Our Lord, we separate him from the society of all Christians, we exclude him from the bosom of our Holy Mother the Church in Heaven and on earth, we declare him excommunicated and anathematized and we judge him condemned to eternal fire with Satan and his angels and all the reprobate, so long as he will not burst the fetters of the demon, do penance and satisfy the Church; we deliver him to Satan to mortify his body, that his soul may be saved on the day of judgment."

17. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

There is no splitting of semantic hair. Excommunication comes from two Latin words: ex, which means "out of" or "from" and communicatio, which means "communion", "fellowship" or "partaking". Hence to excommunicate means to be out of communion or out of fellowship. The Church has the authority exclude individuals from the Sacraments and from communion with her (the Church). The end / purpose of excommunication is not separation and punishment from the Church, but rather to encourage repentance, restoration and full communion.

---> Matthew 18:17
    ---> 1 Cor 16:22
    ---> Galatians 1:8-9
    ---> Titus 3:10-11

18. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Is there a spiritual consequence during the time of excommunication?

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    False.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. utilyan

Site Supporter

Its funny and cute. But your looking for dirt that just ain't there. You cannot get kicked out the Catholic church. Hitler didn't even get kicked out. No one in all its history has been kicked out. An excommunication is a protection to avoid a sacrilege that scripture even claims folks just drop dead from doing.

Don't ask Nazis what Jews believe.

We have our doctrines nicely organized for you right here Catechism of the Catholic Church

Easy Challenge, Find something wrong we actually believe.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.