1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prediction on Kavanaugh/Ford Hearing

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not a job interview. Do people go under oath for job interviews? The job interview took place by the Trump admin before they nominated him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Kavanaugh sounds fantastic. Destroying these Senators.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Virtually no one in the major parties is going to change their mind.

I believe this will fall into the Kavanaugh court because of the leftist shameless histories of past assassinations of character and look-the-other-way attitude of others who committed similar worse and provable crimes (stained dresses, cars in the drink, etc...) yet remained in office and/or were reelected.

So, its up in the air IMO. Whatever happens there will always be a dark cloud following both Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh.

Less for Dr. Ford because I believe it was a case of mistaken identity as Judge Kavanaugh indicated.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was proud of Lindsay Graham today. (Never thought I would say that)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Unless these two men are show to be the true perpetrators.

6. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, for certain government jobs. They also hook you up to a lie detector and do a full background check.

I had a job with a private employer that required high security, and I went through an extensive interview process, a massive background check including interviews of next-door neighbors from my childhood neighborhood (a city no one in my family live in anymore), all school records and notes on any disciplinary infractions, a financial and criminal background check, as well as a surprise inspection where they searched my home and looked through closets and papers. I also had to take a battery of psychological tests, an IQ test, and be interviewed by a psychiatrist. There was no job offer until all of those things were done.

The Senate's job is to verify the President's judgment regarding the appointment, so it is definitely a job interview.

Nope. That's just the first phase of the job interview.

Frankly, I think I have been vetted more carefully than Supreme Court justices.

7. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably no perpetrators. She is a nut case.

8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just something to think about:

More than 100 seemingly credible people vouched for Larry Nassar (the Olympic team doctor) before it all came out that he had molested at least 265 girls and women. For a long time, victims told their stories and were shamed, silenced and discredited. Don't rush to judgment either way. There still needs to be an unbiased investigation before a vote.

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did they make sworn statements? (or under penalty of felony, or whatever)

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lady Graham!?!

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Traumatized apparently

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On a job interview do they ask you how much alcohol you drank in high school and college? Do they ask you if you've ever ground your genitals against a woman against her will? They ask if you've drunk so much you've passed out?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The investigation was the responsibility of the Senate Judiciary Committee. As soon as Sen. Grassly heard about Ford's letter he opened up an investigation but the Dems didn't participate. This very hearing today was part of the investigation. The Democrats didn't ask a single question of Ford with the intention of establishing a fact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are about ridiculous lately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Natural born nut case.

16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrats have become the manifestation of evil. Their desire to kill babies is appalling. ALL this is simply because they fear abortion will become illegal. They are nothing more than a pack of sociopathic serial killers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto!! Just told my wife this PM that I believe that Graham was under the spell (?) of McCain, cause seems that for the past year or so that LG has become more outspokenly conservative since McCain faded into the background. Might even vote for him next go-round!!??
    I was VERY impressed with his little speech today - totally different LG from a few years ago!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, yes. They also wanted to know what prescriptions I was taking, any illegal drugs I had used, and if I have ever lost consciousness or had memory blackouts because of the use of intoxicating substances. I also had a drug test.

Not that, but there was no one to accuse me of such a thing. Also, I've never done that.

I should probably add that they wanted contact information for persons I knew in college and in high school. They contacted those people who were authorized to tell them about my lifestyle, so some questions may have been asked along those lines. They were looking for any kind of compromising material that could be used against me to compromise my assignment.

Yes, see above.

From what I understand, the protocol was based on the Secret Service clearance procedures. Since this took place in the mid-1990s, they didn't care much about my computer, but I'm sure if I went through such a thing today, there would be a huge cyber component to their investigation.

I was doing anti-kidnapping protection and looking after the safety of children. That's about all I can say.

#78 Baptist Believer, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  19. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Judge Kavenaugh has had at least 6 full FBI investigations (unbiased I might add) and nothing like this accusation was ever found. Come on, this was a political hit job from the get go and right after the nomination came out Chuckie Schumer said he would do everything he could to derail the nomination and over 90% of the Dems have already said they would vote no.

Tell me, do you really believe the good Judge was part of a "rape ring" as he has also been accused of?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As was I. I apologize to the good Senator for ever thinking that he was just a wimp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.